Gibson Brands Forums

Thief in Canada steals a new R9 by sticking his down his pants?

John P

21 hours ago, Whitefang said:

How this went from someone stealing a guitar to Covid mask mandates and all is the puzzle.  And proof that too many people are suffering from ADHD  these days.  Especially in THIS place!  NOW you're gonna get nitwits that'll blame THAT on the vaccine.   :rolleyes:   Just like those who blame the measles vaccine for causing autism.   And so we have all those cretins putting both their children and other's children at higher risk in order to keep them "safe".   [blink]

Whitefang

How this went?  Let me help you ...  someone pointed out the irony of medical mask mandates enabling grand larceny and a couple of posts later you compared medical masks mandates to stores requiring people wear shoes and shirts.   Funny thing about the internet -  it's like herding cats.  And cretins. 

22 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

fyp.,

Doctors at a highly respected medical school teaching hospital making a medical decision. Where will it end?

RBSinTo

OR... was it a political decision ?

Of course a couple of years ago, we would have believed this as silly  as believing someone coming into Guitar Center to shoplift an $8K guitar will remove their mask for the video camera by the door.  

On 1/24/2022 at 9:55 AM, RBSinTo said:

Chief,

It would be simple enough to require everyone entering a retail establishment to  first remove all head coverings in front of a video camera.

Wouldn't bother me a bit.

RBSinTo

Yes your right, you should mention that to Justin (not Bieber) Trudeau net time you see him.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Whitefang said:

How this went from someone stealing a guitar to Covid mask mandates and all is the puzzle.  And proof that too many people are suffering from ADHD  these days.  Especially in THIS place! 

We should just have one thread in The Lounge called Dump Your Baggage Here. We just continually post on whatever comes to mind, CV-19, 8K guitars getting pinched, Clapton, NFL, RCT looking for a house in Florida, me being a mean a-hole, ya know that kind of stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We should just have one thread in The Lounge called Dump Your Baggage Here. We just continually post on whatever comes to mind, CV-19, 8K guitars getting pinched, Clapton, NFL, RCT looking for a house in Florida, me being a mean a-hole, ya know that kind of stuff.

Yep !   We could call it the   "Can't we just talk about guitars - NOT"  thread. 

21 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

OR... was it a political decision ?

Of course a couple of years ago, we would have believed this as silly  as believing someone coming into Guitar Center to shoplift an $8K guitar will remove their mask for the video camera by the door.  

fyp.,

OR... was it a medical decision?

We are both free to believe what we think it was, and going back and forth is obviously pointless. 

As for the mask business in the store?

My store, my rules. 

Show me your face when you enter MY STORE, or you don't enter MY STORE.

This isn't Science of the Rocket.

RBSinTo

11 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

fyp.,

OR... was it a medical decision?

We are both free to believe what we think it was, and going back and forth is obviously pointless. 

As for the mask business in the store?

My store, my rules. 

Show me your face when you enter MY STORE, or you don't enter MY STORE.

This isn't Science of the Rocket.

RBSinTo

I decided to retire a few months back. We crunched the numbers with our financial people. I'm gonna go out and get a part time do nothing job just to get out of the house and have money for guitar strings. While I was a contractor at the  NASA Langley Research Center I met a few Rocket Scientists. Their degrees are actually in Aerospace Engineering. But Rocket Science is the layman term most use. Let me tell ya those guys could do some math.  When does it thaw in Toronto, me and the wife want dumplings in Chinatown.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

OK Sarge.  If those guys are so smart, maybe they can answer a question that's bugged me for years....

If the TV weatherman says, "today's temperature is zero degrees"...  and then says, "Tomorrow it will be TWICE as cold",   what will that temperature be?  [wink]

Whitefang  

On 1/23/2022 at 3:54 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

No one has guns in the UK? Come on. No bad guys in the UK. 

But we don't associate with them. 

Oh yes, the bad guys got guns, I've seen it on TV. The bullets cost £5 each.

Myself I've never seen a gun in this country outside of a farm or a military parade.

52 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

OK Sarge.  If those guys are so smart, maybe they can answer a question that's bugged me for years....

If the TV weatherman says, "today's temperature is zero degrees"...  and then says, "Tomorrow it will be TWICE as cold",   what will that temperature be?  [wink]

Whitefang  

That is easy 00 degrees. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

But we don't associate with them. 

Oh yes, the bad guys got guns, I've seen it on TV. The bullets cost £5 each.

Myself I've never seen a gun in this country outside of a farm or a military parade.

Hey Merc this is off topic and not mean to be bad, but why to you over in the UK call what we call cigarettes - F-ags?

6 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

I honestly dont know. But the Aussies use the word too. 

Did you know the 1st floor in UK and US buildings are on different levels?

I wanted to get it from the horses mouth an Englishman, but here is what I just looked up.

Many years ago cigarettes were traditionally made with a thin layer of cork covering the filter to prevent lips sticking to the paper - mass produced cigarettes did away with the expensive cork and used cork effect, coloured paper, instead. These mass-produced cigarettes were called colloquially “fakes”, “fags” is a bastardisation of the word “fakes”.

That is why cigarettes are called fags in the UK, and that, my friends, is a fact.

39 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I wanted to get it from the horses mouth an Englishman, but here is what I just looked up.

Many years ago cigarettes were traditionally made with a thin layer of cork covering the filter to prevent lips sticking to the paper - mass produced cigarettes did away with the expensive cork and used cork effect, coloured paper, instead. These mass-produced cigarettes were called colloquially “fakes”, “fags” is a bastardisation of the word “fakes”.

That is why cigarettes are called fags in the UK, and that, my friends, is a fact.

ah, that explains why the butts are that colour too then. Thanks for the update sarge. 

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I decided to retire a few months back. We crunched the numbers with our financial people. I'm gonna go out and get a part time do nothing job just to get out of the house and have money for guitar strings. While I was a contractor at the  NASA Langley Research Center I met a few Rocket Scientists. Their degrees are actually in Aerospace Engineering. But Rocket Science is the layman term most use. Let me tell ya those guys could do some math.  When does it thaw in Toronto, me and the wife want dumplings in Chinatown.

Chief,

You might consider waiting a while before planning to invade our fine city.

While the  Ontario Provincial Covid restrictions on restaurant dining in are about to be partially lifted on January 30th, there's still another reality that might impact your decision.

Currently, the temperature is minus 12 Celcius with no end to the brisk weather in sight.

I'll leave it to your Engineering of the Aerospace buds to convert that to a " real" F. temperature.

That's cold enough to make your ba11s take the express elevator up into your abdomen to stay warm.

Am looking forward to meeting Mrs. Chief and hearing her stories of loose bindings and neck re-sets.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

6 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Chief,

You might consider waiting a while before planning to invade our fine city.

While the  Ontario Provincial Covid restrictions on restaurant dining in are about to be partially lifted on January 30th, there's still another reality that might impact your decision.

Currently, the temperature is minus 12 Celcius with no end to the brisk weather in sight.

I'll leave it to your Engineering of the Aerospace buds to convert that  " real" temperature.

That's cold enough to make your ba11s take the express elevator up into your abdomen to stay warm.

Am looking forward to meeting Mrs. Chief and hearing her stories of loose bindings and neck re-sets.

RBSinTo

Yeah that is why I asked when does it thaw. I'm not going North till its at least in the mid to upper 70's there. What is that about 25celcius?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

14 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah that is why I asked when does it thaw. I'm not going North till its at least in the mid to upper 70's there. What is that about 25celcius?

Chief,

25C. =77 F.

For future reference:

Celsius to Fahrenheit Formula: (°C * 1.8) + 32 = °F

Fahrenheit to Celsius Formula: (°F - 32) / 1.8 = °C

It thaws up here in early May, just in time for us to plant the annual Crabgrass and Dandelion crops, and freezes again just after the Harvest.

RBSinTo