Gibson Brands Forums

Apologizing

callen3615

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggest you go to the marines. So many are so ready to use the military and yet have no understanding of what it means to be in the trenches.

They wont take me. =D> I would love to defend this great nation. I actually love it. I would fight for it.

As far a immigration

Its called amnesty

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/election/560

Right thats why democrats support laws like killing babys' date=' gay marrage, illegal immigration..

Most people in the military are republican.

See Homz is just more educated than I am, far superior as a matter of fact.

Im just a dumb redneck with moral values, sorry for that.[/quote']

Come on man, really? Killing babies? "Moral values" my a$$. It's people like you who would have the 13 year old girl who gets raped and impregnated by her own father carry the baby to term because abortion is "immoral". Republicans are like the Sith, you only deal in absolutes. No, I don't think it's right to use abortion as a form of (or alternative to) birth control. I'm also not blind enough to think that abstinance is a realistic goal for all teens in America. If teens are going to have sex, I would much prefer they use condoms instead of getting pregnant and/or contracting serious diseases. I also don't like the idea of having an abortion simply because you didn't "mean" to get pregnant. My two children are living proof of that. The difference in "morals" here is that I don't believe that my own personal views on abortion give me the right to dictate what someone else can or cannot do should they deem it necessary. My daughter is 8 months old today. She was not a planned pregnacy, quite far from it. She is here because my wife and I do not believe in abortion without just cause. However, if by some horrible stroke of fate she ever has to suffer the atrocity of being raped, and should she end up pregnant because of that, you had better believe I am not going to stand by and let some right wing holier-than-thou politician tell my daughter she has to carry and give birth to that child. Should SHE decide to abort it, I will stand behind her 1000%. It is possible to be both "anti-abortion" and "pro-choice".

That, to me, is the difference between being a republican and being a democrat, or a liberal, or whatever word you want to apply to what my political and personal beliefs make me. I can understand that not everyone's own circumstances will lead them to the same conclusions I would reach, and it is not my place to make thier minds up for them. Same mentality applies to gay marriage, IMO. Personally, I am not gay, and cannot begin to imagine wanting to engage in any sort of relationship with another man, especially marriage. I find the thought quite disturbing, actually. Almost sickening, when I think about it from a first person point of view. However, that is because I am not gay. I have gay friends who are completely in love with thier partners, and would be just as disgusted with the thought of engaging in a relationship with the OPPOSITE sex. Why then, would it be okay for me to deny them the right to marry the person they love as much as I love my wife? That's basically how I have come to my own political understanding of what it is to be a liberal versus a conservative. A liberal wants to let people live thier own lives and make thier own decisions, while a conservative wants to force thier own "moral values" on everyone else in the free world, regardless of circumstance. I don't personally believe in God either, but you will never see me trying to convince a Christian that God does not exist. But boy, if I had a dollar for every Christian that has tried to "save" me, I would own far more than one Gibson Les Paul.

I would think that "moral values" should be a set of rules by which you have chosen to live YOUR life, not everyone elses'... but I'm just a dumb "liberal" who likes making my own decisions, sorry for that.

The U.S. is heavily weighted to the liberal side.

Not according to this; http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/08/the_biggest_missing_story_in_p.html

In many studies when the topics are separate from party affiliation the liberal points of view are picked at about 60 to 65%.
Show me ONE study where liberal points of view are picked 60 to 65% of the time.

Many people are afraid to be labeled a liberal.
They're the smart ones.

They also perceive Democrats to be the party of the liberal.
Well' date=' I suggest you listen to their speeches, look at their campaigns, analyze their voting records.

Their own words and deeds define them.

You won't be finding ANY conservatives on the Left!

The Republicans are great organizers they have the majority of Americans believing they are the party of morality' date=' strong military, and patriotism.[/quote']I think that's a valid point.

Democrats are just as moral' date=' and patriotic.[/quote']WHAT?

How would you go about illustrating such a claim?

Even if you were completely making it up, what possible argument could you create to back that assertion?

In fact since the majority of our military is made up of inner city poor people' date='[/quote']What the fxxk are you talking about?

Pulling "facts" out of your *** again, Homz?

it is likely the majority of the military are Democrats.
That has NEVER been statistically shown.

Even with all his mania' date=' Obama (attracting all those military minority votes) was still WAY below McCain in ballots.

Although I have not actually seen a statical analysis on that one.
This is the ONLY thing I believe from you.

My point is. To those of you who are not Americans' date=' please understand we are not all like the arrogant right wingers you frequently see here on the forum.[/quote']I'll agree. Too many in this country have no clue what this nation was founded on.

Homz, I'll take exception to being called arrogant...

:-

Most Americans are not like that.

It's a damn shame more of them aren't.

Regarding the link I put at the top of the post;

My hero Rush Limbaugh was discussing this on his radio show a few months ago.

According to a bi-partisan Battleground Poll (both sides agreed to the questions' date=' format and validity of results) your numbers are foolish folly. Fully 60% of Americans [b']identify themselves [/b]as conservative.

Before you even think the poll was slanted, it has been used for years in the same format and it's this simple;

.................................................................................................................................................................................

When thinking about politics and government, do you consider yourself to be...

Very conservative

Somewhat conservative

MODERATE

Somewhat liberal

Very liberal

UNSURE/REFUSED

In August 2008, Americans answered that question this way:

20% of Americans considered themselves to be very conservative;

40% of Americans considered themselves to be somewhat conservative;

2% of Americans considered themselves to be moderate;

27% of Americans considered themselves to be somewhat liberal;

9% of Americans considered themselves to be very liberal;

3% of Americans did not know or refused to answer.

Sixty percent of Americans considered themselves conservative.

Does this mean that most Americans do not know what "conservative" means?

No: The question specifically provides an out to people who are not sure about their ideology; it provides an out to people who want to be considered "moderate."

Americans reject those choices.

They overwhelmingly define themselves as "conservative."

This is a huge political story - except that it is not "new" at all.

Look at the thirteen Battleground Poll results over the last six years, and how do Americans answer that very question?

Here are the percentages of Americans in those polls who call themselves "conservative" since June 2002:

59% (June 2002 poll)

59% (September 2003 poll)

61% (April 2004 poll)

59% (June 2004 poll)

60% (September 2004 poll)

61% (October 2005 poll)

59% (March 2006)

61% (October 2006)

59% (January 2007)

63% (July 2007)

58% (December 2007)

63% (May 2008)

and now 60% (August 2008.)

These results are the same when President Bush has poll numbers at rock bottom and when Republicans were facing electoral disaster, like in October 2006 when 61% of Americans called themselves conservatives.

The very consistency of these percentages is powerful evidence of their inherent validity.

Consider, in 1988, how many liberal Democrats did not believe that Reagan had won an overwhelming landslide because they, personally, knew of no one who voted for him.

[Mondale won only his home state of Minnesota in the 1984 election - Neo]

Consider how blindsided the Left was by the overwhelming popularity of an unapologetic conservative like Rush Limbaugh.

Consider that Republicans walk about in a blue funk wondering where the next Reagan is, utterly forgetting that not only Leftists, but "moderate" Republicans in 1980 were labeling Reagan as far, far too conservative.

The Gipper, in fact, was comfortably in the middle of a huge American majority.

The extremists are that 9% of Americans who call themselves "very liberal."

............................................................................................................................................................................

Click on the link at the top of this post to read the text in its entirety.

Opposing view, anybody?

Please bring facts to the table.

We should start a Band of Forumites' date=' work up about 20 Cover tunes, and try to get picked up by the USO to play for the troops in Afganistan and Iraq.[/quote']

I think that's an excellent idea.

Those guys deserve WAY more than they get.

I think that's an excellent idea.

Those guys deserve WAY more than they get.

That's right, and it would give us all a chance to put out guitars where our mouths are (as it were). I'm not kidding when I say growing up with Bob Hope doing all those USO specials made me think it was a performers duty to his country to perform for the troops. A little simple and childish, but I still feel that way.

But first and foremost those guys are putting their Lives on the Line and their D*cks in the Dirt. They deserve the effort.

I know all us Americans are just a bunch of arrogant' date=' egotistical, racist, people who just cling to guns and religion but I dont need our president apologizing to other countries for me. [-o<

But seriously, this really pisses me off. I know hes not proud of this great country but does he have to go to other countries and attack the US all the time?[/quote']

You are so right. I think it's important that the rest of the world understand once & for all that we are just a bunch of arrogant, egotistical, racist people who just cling to guns and religion and are damn proud of it and as soon as we get Obama out of office and replace him with another 'real American' like G.W. Bush or **** Cheney we'll drop a couple of nukes down their chimney just to let 'em know who's boss.

I'm curious. How many of you big-talking 'real Americans' here on the forum have actually served in the armed forces? Have ever had to participate in real combat? I'm willing to bet that if you ever do you'll lose your lust for it real quick.

I anxiously await your replies.

They wont take me. [-o< I would love to defend this great nation. I actually love it. I would fight for it.

As far a immigration

Its called amnesty

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/election/560

Yep...and the Republican who just left the highest office in the land was all for it!

The whole "guest worker" program was just an excuse to allow businesses to continue to employ illegal immigrants so they could increase their bottom line.

How many of you big-talking 'real Americans' here on the forum have actually served in the armed forces? Have ever had to participate in real combat?
(Heavy sigh....) This is tough with my respect for our Servicemen' date=' but here goes....

Wow Slim, that's some fixation you have there...

If there's one thing I know about you, it's the fact (stated here in the forum) that you've [b']killed people[/b].

You want the world to know this, still, you're cagey with details.

You first Slim, tell us YOUR war story.

I anxiously await your reply.

Yep...and the Republican who just left the highest office in the land was all for it!

The whole "guest worker" program was just an excuse to allow businesses to continue to employ illegal immigrants so they could increase their bottom line.

Wait, wait, wait....

Are you in favor of "Comprehensive Immigration Reform or not?

Do you believe it's proper to allow illegals to gain citizenship or not?

Would you support such a thing?

(Heavy sigh....) This is tough with my respect for our Servicemen' date=' but here goes....

Wow Slim, that's some fixation you have there...

If there's one thing I know about you, it's the fact (stated here in the forum) that you've [b']killed people[/b].

You want the world to know this, still, you're cagey with details.

You first Slim, tell us YOUR war story.

I anxiously await your reply.

This is the Neoconman way of saying, no I have asthma and was unable to get off of bench 'W' during the physical. Probably flunked the ASBAB test too.

ASBAB?

What the hell is the ASBAB?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Boy Homz, you're GOOD!

If you are referring to the ASVAB - Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, my score was an average in the mid 120's.

10 sections, scored between 117 - 131.

85 was good enough for any job the military offered.

I think I did okay.

How about YOU Homz, did you do okay on it?

Maybe they just felt sorry for your parents and didn't want you going home....

Later, in my vocational endeavors, I administered such tests for new hires and contractors.

Ahem....

Homz, you and the missus should put your heads together and craft some sort of witty response to this....

Wait' date=' wait, wait....

Are you in favor of "Comprehensive Immigration Reform or not?

Do you believe it's proper to allow illegals to gain citizenship or not?

Would you support such a thing?

[/quote']

ASBAB?

What the hell is the ASBAB?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Boy Homz' date=' you're [i']GOOD![/i]

If you are referring to the ASVAB - Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, my score was an average in the mid 120's.

10 sections, scored between 117 - 131.

85 was good enough for any job the military offered.

I think I did okay.

How about YOU Homz, did you do okay on it?

Maybe they just felt sorry for your parents and didn't want you going home....

Later, in my vocational endeavors, I administered such tests for new hires and contractors.

My mistake.

It's been about 20 something years for me.

I was a Navy Nuclear Electrician. You do the research and find out what I had to get on the test to become one of those.

I then had to take another test to get into the Nuke program. Again you figure it out and get back with me.

BTW unless the ASVAB has changed it was 99 possible points when I took it. I think.

I was NOT in the Army Bub.

I took the ASVAB in 1983 and again in 1984.

It was explained to me that their scoring was not simply based on a percentage.

I don't know why, and I understand it's been changed many times, but my scores were out of a possible 140.

Remember, I work in nuclear power.

I think you have an idea where the vast majority of our workforce came from.

Your attempts to impress fall short.

Indeed, many of my coworkers served as recruiters and have the stories to share.

How about that immigration question, smart guy?

Ok Neo. I will respond to your ignorant implication that I and or other liberals are in some way in favor of illegal immigration. NO. I AM NOT.

As for a plan. How about we start arresting those that hire them. Like you, I suspect. Then they wont come here searching for a job.

Your Reagan gave them amnesty. Is that the sort of thing you want?

Ok Neo. I will respond to your ignorant implication that I and or other liberals are in some way in favor of illegal immigration. NO. I AM NOT.

What? And buck the wishes of your Party?

As for a plan. How about we start arresting those that hire them.
Okay. As long as those employed are deported immediately.

Like you' date=' I suspect.[/quote']

Wrong again' date=' but you're used to it.

I'm an enforcement volunteer for ICE.

#-o

Then they wont come here searching for a job.
Okay.

Your Reagan gave them amnesty. Is that the sort of thing you want?
No

Reagan made a grave mistake with the Mariel Boat Lift and we're still paying for it.

Archived