Gibson Brands Forums

NGD -- 2022 '50s J45

3mar67

Hi everyone.  Just thought I'd post a pic of my new '50s J45.

I know it's still early, but I have have a feeling this one is a keeper.

Sounds great, neck is perfect for my hand, and plays real good right out of the box even though the setup hasn't been tweaked yet.

IMG_4863-b.jpg

• Like 1

Cool!  Those I have run across were nice guitars and the neck carves are deservedly well loved,  The it's a "keeper" thing reminded me of a time when I would put a new to me guitar in a stand at night so it was the last thing I saw before closing my eyes and the first thing I saw in the morning when opening them.  Over the past years though I found I no longer get emotional about guitars.  While it makes it easier to avoid acquiring anything new as well as parting with those I own, I kind of miss it.

34 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

Cool!  Those I have run across were nice guitars and the neck carves are deservedly well loved,  The it's a "keeper" thing reminded me of a time when I would put a new to me guitar in a stand at night so it was the last thing I saw before closing my eyes and the first thing I saw in the morning when opening them.  Over the past years though I found I no longer get emotional about guitars.  While it makes it easier to avoid acquiring anything new as well as parting with those I own, I kind of miss it.

My J-45 is always right next to the chair I have my morning coffee in and my late night bourbon in, so it's definitely the first and last thing I see (other than my lady) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

10 hours ago, egoidealmusic said:

My J-45 is always right next to the chair I have my morning coffee in and my late night bourbon in, so it's definitely the first and last thing I see (other than my lady) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

You must not have dogs or kids running loose.  The point is the OP is still in the guitar honeymoon period where that guitar is the best there ever was or ever will be.  Nothing at all wrong with that.  And as I said, I kind of miss it.  My little quirk is I have become a believer in fate meaning the guitar found me so was meant to be,   They just showed up when I was not even thinking about buying any guitar never mind one with a certain moniker on the headstock or model.  No planning was involved in the making of this production kind of thing,

Haha very true--no dogs and the kids are old enough to know better than get near my J-45 (they've plenty of other guitars they're allowed to play so I don't worry about them).  And I definitely had the honeymoon period, but the deep love has also kept on as she keeps sounding better as the top continues to open up.   

• 2 weeks later...