Gibson Brands Forums

New Old Pink Floyd Day

Sgt. Pepper

Got this yesterday. Its one of my top 5 favorite albums of all time. I'm listening to the new mix right now in 5.1 Surround Sound. Dogs is on right now. Anyone who is really familiar with it with hear all the stuff that is now more present in the mix. Mostly Richard keys and synth stuff. Gilmour's guitar has some different sounds to it. I got the Blue Ray. I may get it on vinyl too. It has the original mix on it too, and the new remixed stereo version. I also got the recent Grateful Dead release of a live 1981 concert form Madison Square Garden. Damn Animals is so good.

8fQcjdB.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, jvi said:

what the hell ? 

It is well documented on this site I am not a fan of Rog the outspoken idiot, but he is on about 4 or 5 of the best albums ever made. What I am a fan of is good music, and  good music is good music no matter who makes it. His politics are his choice. Running his yap is his choice. His first solo album is killer too and the one with Bravery Of Being Out Of Range was good too. Radio KAOS, I did not like. I saw him on the Pros and KAOS Tours.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It is well documented on this site I am not a fan of Rog the outspoken idiot, but he is on about 4 or 5 of the best albums ever made. What I am a fan of is good music, and  good music is good music no matter who makes it. His politics are his choice. Running his yap is his choice. His first solo album is killer too and the one Bravery Of Being Out Of Range was good too. Radio KAOS, I did not like. I saw him on the Pros and KAOS Tours.

bla bla bla

2 minutes ago, jvi said:

it is your hyper personal attacks on certain artists that I find rude and  often comment on as in,  'F this dude" "outspoken idiot " etc. 

I think I am entitled to my opinion am I not, or has that been taken away by the folks in DC yet?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think I am entitled to my opinion am I not, or has that been taken away by the folks in DC yet?

I believe Fox and CNN are fighting over that credit.  [wink]

Regardless.

If given the chance, maybe I'll give this redux a listen.   Maybe I'll wind up liking it since the original didn't impress me all that much.  Which, like many Floyd releases,  are like what a guy I know said about Bob Seger.....

"His song 'Still The Same' sums up most of his last few albums."  [wink]

Whitefang

Edited by Whitefang

Just now, Whitefang said:

Regardless.

If given the chance, maybe I'll give this redux.   Maybe I'll wind up liking it since the original didn't impress me all that much.  Which, like many Floyd releases,  are like what a guy I know said about Bob Seger.....

Whitefang

I liked Against The Wind and a few of his albums before that. He never wowed me though. My brother in law loves him and the Foo Fighters. At least he made music you can listen to. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

You could have kept Bob Seger a regional act, we wouldn't have called you selfish.

Segar is in that working class rock genera like Bruuuuuuuce, except without all the BS political opinions. He did feel like a number though. I do think Thin Lizzy’s version of Rosalie blows Bob’s away.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Regardless.

If given the chance, maybe I'll give this redux a listen.   Maybe I'll wind up liking it since the original didn't impress me all that much.  Which, like many Floyd releases,  are like what a guy I know said about Bob Seger.....

Whitefang

Unlikely you will like it any better than the original..  They are still the same basics songs but enhanced as such.. So a lot of the keys and what was background stuff have been turned up and they have changed the sound of some of the guitar and vocal stuff.. Its hard to explain but I like the track I have heard.. 

you are another word twister justifier of bs like the fake sgt who has been warned by this site and banned for his bs slander so twist things away like the other messed up complainers but this is a public guitar forum and you guys are rude and ignorant

1 hour ago, jvi said:

you are another word twister justifier of bs like the fake sgt who has been warned by this site and banned for his bs slander so twist things away like the other messed up complainers but this is a public guitar forum and you guys are rude and ignorant

I never claimed to be a Sgt. It’s an avatar and a screen name. And if you have never seen any of my posts, I’m a huge Beatles fan, hence the Sgt. Pepper thing. I was, and still am a Senior Chief from the USCG, just in retired status. You were never in the service. I love that you have the gall to bust my balls, when I did 23 years serving my country, to protect people, so they can  have the freedom to say what they want. I was in Persian Gulf during the first Gulf War. I didn’t want to be there, but it was my job so I went and did what I was told. At least I’m not a rat. Enjoy your free, well taxed health care you have, and a question for you, what did you ever do for your country? I served mine and gave back. I learned a trade, and was a damn good electrician when I was in. I still am a damn good one. 

The Navy and CG, which are the two branches of the service that have Chief as a rank, have a saying "Once A Chief - Always A Chief".

Good day and enjoy your Canadian freedom.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

15 hours ago, sparquelito said:

That is so GOOD. 

Thanks for posting that, Whitefang. 

🙂

My pleasure.  We're kinda proud of Bob here in MI.  From Ann Arbor, MI, after his Dad split his family moved around a bit.  He even attended the high school I went to for a couple years.  That of course, was some years before I got there.  He even mentions Lincoln Park in a song of his. It was a sort of tongue in cheek acknowledgement that we Lincoln Parkers   always thought was funny.    Give a close listen.------

[biggrin] Homesick for Lincoln Park?  [wink]  Imagine.

Whitefang

• Like 1