Gibson Brands Forums

Yellow Inlays or Inlays That Have Yellowed?

Johnny Erik

Hello, I'm trying to understand if these inlays on a 2006 Gibson Les Paul Studio came with this yellow color or if it changed color over time? 

To be completely honest, when I got the guitar online I thought the lighting had made them look yellow because I never thought in a million years someone will put these ugly things on a guitar

PXL_20221009_063624994.jpg

PXL_20221009_063521398.jpg

PXL_20221007_231124034.jpg

ynmj6lhocla5j53be4nf.jpg

Google? Well, OK, fair enough, this is a Gibson forum. 

Don't know, but those don't look like they came like that from the factory. Then again, I haven't seen that...  Color? Burst? What is it?... before. 

Anyone else? 

Edited by Pinch

I've seen those yellow tints on some inlays before but I can't remember if 'twere a Gibson.

I think they were fairly yellow to begin with, but it may also be something in the plastic which is somehow turning  it more yellow, as a result of....what?   Chemical reaction with the case/shroud  inner material?  Previously we've seen more than one reason for binding and parts of guitars going pink.  (Dye/stain bleeding, reaction with case interior).

As for the body finish I haven't seen that before, either.  What is that? Sort of Gothic.  Maybe @Rabswill know.

I think the lighting is reflecting off the top - needs better, closer pics.  As well as a fret polish and maybe a litle oil on the board [wink]

Edited by jdgm

• 2 weeks later...