Gibson Brands Forums

Happy NGPS

sparquelito

Happy new guitar power system. 

I found myself in a bit of a funk lately, and realized the main impediment to my going in and plugging in a guitar in the music room is my tedious power-up routine. 

Before:
Walk in, kneel down and reach in behind that amplifier to power on the 110 strip for that amp,
bend over and plug in the electrical cable to the pedal board power supply,
walk over there to kneel down and power on that 110 strip for the drums and Beat Buddy2 drum pedals,
walk over there to power on that 110 strip for the PA mixer and powered speakers, 
walk over near my mic stand to flip on the power to my second amplifier (my pedal board is stereo-out), 
and then strap on a guitar to plug in and play. 

Now:
Walk in, strap on a guitar to plug in,
and press one button on the little wireless handheld fob that activates the new Utilitech 3-Piece Wireless Outlets system. 

Two steps to playing instead of six. 

Such a Godsend, this $24 bit of wonderfulness from the  Lowe's Home Improvement store!
😀

oeJbgDT.jpg

• Like 1

That's a good idea.   Plugging and unplugging PSUs and such can be a PITA.

In the later years of my (pretty good when new) home recording setup sometimes I would power everything up...and spend at least half the time housekeeping and troubleshooting.

And now electricity is costing enough for me to think about whether to plug in at all....:-k

A friend of mine always kept his amp plugged in, and would walk in his "practice" room, take his axe out of the case, plug the cord into his axe, then into the amp and switch the amp on.  No unnecessary gadgets and gimmicks.   The advantage of not being a ring-nosed tech and gadget whore.

Whitefang