Gibson Brands Forums

What guitar is he playing?

Jjm907

38 minutes ago, Jjm907 said:

Can anyone tell me what guitar, the guy to the right of Eric in this video, is playing? Thanks

It’s Martin 000-28. I think it was specially built for him for that night. Martin now makes a 000-28EC. I played a used one at a decent price before Covid and stupidly didn’t buy it. I have a 000-28 Standard (my #1), and the EC is next level. It’s RW back and sides since it’s a 28. I have a 000-18 too which is the same, but hog back and sides. Killer axe as well.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

28 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It’s Martin 000-28. I think it was specially built for him for that night. Martin now makes a 000-28EC. I played a used one at a decent price before Covid and stupidly didn’t buy it. I have a 000-28 Standard (my #1), and the EC is next level. It’s RW back and sides since it’s a 28. I have a 000-18 too which is the same, but hog back and sides. Killer axe as well.

20221211_095149.jpg

Oh I totally misread it. I didn't see he didn't want what Eric was playing but the guy next to him.

As Emily Latela used to say . . . Nevermind.

Anyone know what brand of drumsticks the drummer used, asking for another forum member who is to shy to ask.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

24 minutes ago, slimt said:

The Martin is a 000-42   ,  and a early one.  

the Super 400 is a cool piece as well. 

Oh thats right. I totally forgot, I smoke too much pot.  I see the binding on the neck. Thats about a 6k guitar. I have been wrong at least once in this thread. I want one, but at 6k Chris wont be getting my money for that.

That Super 400 is a sharp looking axe.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Oh thats right. I totally forgot, I smoke too much pot.  I see the binding on the neck. Thats about a 6k guitar. I have been wrong at least once in this thread. I want one, but at 6k Chris wont be getting my money for that.

That Super 400 is a sharp looking axe.

I had a couple Super 400 archtops. They were Nice guitars. They projected lots of volume.   But just oversized for my liking.     

silly me , went and got a Style U harp guitar. 19” wide body.  🙂

those 000-42s have huge volume for a smaller body guitar.     

Martin did a Run of those. A limited run of Brazilans.  And I think they did a run of standard Rosewoods. 

they also did a run of the 000-28ec and ecb models. 

I ended up getting a 000-42 39 Authentic with madagascar   ,  

45 minutes ago, slimt said:

I had a couple Super 400 archtops. They were Nice guitars. They projected lots of volume.   But just oversized for my liking.     

silly me , went and got a Style U harp guitar. 19” wide body.  🙂

those 000-42s have huge volume for a smaller body guitar.     

Martin did a Run of those. A limited run of Brazilans.  And I think they did a run of standard Rosewoods. 

they also did a run of the 000-28ec and ecb models. 

I ended up getting a 000-42 39 Authentic with madagascar   ,  

They still make the 000-28EC and I think its one of Martins best sellers, but don't quote me on that.

I love dreads, but they are too big for me, and I hate having my arm out that far to playing. I had a 00-28 and 00-18 and stupidly sold them. I'm not letting both my 000's go. I want a M-36, but haven't found on in my price range.

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/all-guitars/000-28EC.html

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

26 minutes ago, JWG4927 said:

Well, that was a bit rude. For a newb. Even if it is Sgt Peeper, he can stick his own foot in his own mouth, you don't have to do it for him. But judging by your other posts, that's what you do.

I did get the guitar wrong Eric was playing in the clip. He did play a 000-28 that night though. As a Martin guy I’m ashamed.

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I did get the guitar wrong Eric was playing in the clip. He did play a 000-28 that night though. As a Martin guy I’m ashamed.

I make many mistakes as well.  In most cases reading the question wrong.    

its not a big deal.