Gibson Brands Forums

Share your critter pics thread

CROWB8

Yeah, thats Beau, a bull in a china shop. He's a big bloodhound, 100 lbs, Clumsy as hell. He plays with one of my neighbors bull mastiffs and throws her around, but her 10 lb mini some sort of bulldog he's as gentle as can be. My other neighbor has a 15 yr old mix that wants to play rough but just cant and you can see how Beau turns it down.

• Like 1

Me thinks you're both prolly right bout the flea/tick and processed food stuff. They require dog food to be fit for human consumption. While I dont think that goes far enough as human food has issues too, I think the flea/tick stuff should also have a relative type regulation. As in, if it can hurt me, WTF should I give it to my dog.

Just read an article bout how table scraps maybe healthier than dog food. Me thinks there's a point to be made there. Problem would/might be, giving a pet both. Little weight gain issue.

Seeing a lot of the fresh refridgerated food being marketed for dogs (actually marketed to ppl). Think there's some validity there as well.

We buy from "The Farmers Dog". 

Edited by CROWB8
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

Me thinks you're both prolly right bout the flea/tick and processed food stuff. They require dog food to be fit for human consumption. While I dont think that goes far enough as human food has issues too, I think the flea/tick stuff should also have a relative type regulation. As in, if it can hurt me, WTF should I give it to my dog.

Just read an article bout how table scraps maybe healthier than dog food. Me thinks there's a point to be made there. Problem would/might be, giving a pet both. Little weight gain issue.

Seeing a lot of the fresh refridgerated food being marketed for dogs (actually marketed to ppl). Think there's some validity there as well.

We buy from "The Farmers Dog". 

yea,  I'm better to my dogs than I am myself. I read, research any and all foods & snacks for them. while I'm stuffing any ol food into my face. 

they go nuts over their home cooked meals. 

Edited by Karloff
  • Like 1

Here's poor  old Molly dog, she was a good one:

2nQpj6m.jpg

And today a small boa which has been missing for two weeks turned  up which was just great!  I was so afraid that Water Python ate him or he escaped or something but nope.

Edited by SteveFord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

White Boxer.

Boy, did that dog ever shed, it was continuous.  

You can not imagine how that dog could jump - I was at the base of a really tall hill and she was running full speed and launched herself from  the top of it, it was just amazing to see her flying through the air.  

Great dog but their lifespans are just too short compared to us.  

A well dressed tortoise will outlast two of us.

TBdI7rT.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SteveFord said:

2nQpj6m.jpg

And today a small boa which has been missing for two weeks turned  up which was just great!  I was so afraid that Water Python ate him or he escaped or something but nope.

I think I might have seen this before, I love that pic. she was a cutey.  I love dogs so much ... more than people

• Like 1

this was Boris. he was 11 here I believe. almost completely grey. he posed entirely on his own. anytime I'd take a pic of something he'd get up and move into the picture. sometimes I'd sell something on Ebay & would jokingly add "Boxer not included".  I miss him.

B.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 7/4/2023 at 10:11 AM, CROWB8 said:

Another rescue found with  on street with  broken leg. 

20230701-233748.jpg

Unfortunately infection set in and she's gonna lose that leg. We just got to her too late. She gets to be one of our pampered indoor kritters now. Indoor count now is 4 cats and one dog. Outdoor count is 14 cats, 2 kittens. Sheesh.

On 2/9/2023 at 7:03 PM, SteveFord said:

2nQpj6m.jpg

Was she originally Bowie's dog?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 2/8/2023 at 1:00 PM, Farnsbarns said:

Happens a lot, sadly.

She was presumed boxer x mastiff (a rescue) and both breeds are very prone to it (all bull breads really). It's sad but it's how old age usually goes for them. She had 11 to 12 good years by my side. My best friend. I still struggle with losing her. 

That's the sad thing about large bred dogs, they don't last long. Little breeds last twice as long. Every time I lost a Doberman or German Shepherd it was like loosing a family member. 

6 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

@Retired

I can post up Oliver here for ya. Then you could quote my post and add what ever words you wish. Say the word Butch. Be proud to have him in this thread I would.

I really can't post photos since they took away Photo bucket. Go ahead if you can transfer his photo here. Actually, Bandit and Sundance looked a lot better. I had Tie also that showed and won 1st place ribbons but he never won points. You would be amazed at the photos I do have. If you actually want to see them, ask Rob for my Email and give me yours and I will send photos to you.