Gibson Brands Forums

GAS is back

Rabs

Just when you thought you were safe from GAS after acquiring two amazing 336s..  I thought I would be done even wanting another guitar.. But this one popped up on my screen and my god, I dont need it, I never even thought of having one that colour. But man, I want it  😄   Its that much out of my price range even if I wanted to buy another guitar. But I still want it ...  Man does this never stop...

Its a 1988 LP Lite..  But just look at that colour.

Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite 1988 Metallic Sunset image 1#Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite 1988 Metallic Sunset image 3

Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite 1988 Metallic Sunset image 9

Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite 1988 Metallic Sunset image 5

Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite 1988 Metallic Sunset image 7

Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite 1988 Metallic Sunset image 4

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jdgm said:

I have had some evil thoughts about offering a trade with one of my 336s...  But still.. Its just that much too much....

edit:  If it were about 3k, I probably would have bought it by now 😄

Edited by Rabs
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Ha.. Its also up on EBay . The price difference between sites is just mad.. Just shows how much they are trying to screw people for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225386480043?hash=item347a14c1ab:g:nvcAAOSw1ExjXorZ&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoErY9ty9OS%2BwdL20HCMaxt78en%2FZFoNFiBlktUJslcBw0lyd%2BzBMSspvGouymYC28Z25xPHhJw3Rt72L8Vd25vYs56ELqMAu3ARlG8YQkT2yTLyAKdbEWhutxi59gbTtpm%2BomXZycJfwFJv%2FKIN3gP%2Fm4SdJ2bTh1uEL8S1Y97xlXAK7nBiPfSiCSf%2F0l5xlzsDRdFBr7cZCFBxyKIFj5pI%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6jy_J3TYQ

In fact this is what happened last time.. I saw the 336 on ebay as I am not actually signed up to Reverb and then got an offer that I just couldn't refuse..  In this case there is no way they are gonna drop it lower than about £3800.. Which is still too much.

Makes my mouth water. Slightly off white binding and gold accents, would have no problem bringing that bird home to meet mum and dad.

On LPs, typically the pick guard floats over surface and reveals marks once removed. Dont see that. Nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rabs said:

I also just looked up where this shop is and its a 20 min drive from my house 😮    Nooooooooooooooo

It is....somewhat...over-priced really because of that beautiful finish.

Given what you'd pay even if they took an offer on it, I don't think it will appreciate like those 336s.

Edited by jdgm

1 minute ago, jdgm said:

It is....somewhat...over-priced really because of that beautiful finish.

Given what you'd have to pay even if you made an offer on it, I don't think it will appreciate like those 336s.

Well its not really about that.. But actually I think this will.. Its pretty unique and in very good condition, ebony board...  And its a Lite which makes it even more unique..  Theres way more 336s out there...

I  have actually emailed the guy to see if they accept part exchange..  I would maybe do it for the humbucker 336 if they offer me enough for it and are willing to let it go for a bit less..  I think the P90 one is just also too unique to let go (and I got it at a great price).

Im just exploring ideas at the moment 😄 

That is one interesting Gibson Les Paul.

I love it.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: When I say I love it, I don't mean to be an enabler, in any way, shape, or form. Sparquelito will not be responsible for the fallout if you buy this guitar and anybody in your house is unhappy about it.
😗

Just now, sparquelito said:

That is one interesting Gibson Les Paul.

I love it.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: When I say I love it, I don't mean to be an enabler, in any way, shape, or form. Sparquelito will not be responsible for the fallout if you buy this guitar and anybody in your house is unhappy about it.
😗

Lol.. One of the main positives of living alone.. 

I can do what ever I want and have no one to answer to... Well apart from myself that is 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabs said:

I know right..   I am having many internal arguments at the moment  :-k

Maybe you enlarge one of those pics and put it on the wall next to that pic of the Aston Martin DBS V12 you always wanted.

• Haha 1

If you like it & want it you should take the 20 minute drive & play it. Take your 336 with you knowing what it’s worth..  If you still like it Make an offer! What’s the worst thing that can happen?

It is a beauty!

2 hours ago, Larsongs said:

If you like it & want it you should take the 20 minute drive & play it. Take your 336 with you knowing what it’s worth..  If you still like it Make an offer! What’s the worst thing that can happen?

It is a beauty!

I actually did that today but he wasnt there..  Wasnt a proper shop but a house converted in to offices..  I have mailed him to sort another time out.. So we will see how this goes.

28 minutes ago, Rabs said:

I actually did that today but he wasnt there..  Wasnt a proper shop but a house converted in to offices..  I have mailed him to sort another time out.. So we will see how this goes.

Well I hope you get it then!  At that price he must be open to offers...:-k