Gibson Brands Forums

Descending Kilobytes total for posting

I've noticed the maximum number of kilobytes for me has declined from 179kb and is now 29.88 kb max. Can someone explain. I emailed administrators earlier today and no reply. It appears I won't be able to post or anything and don't understand what's happening and can't find any info in the rules etc... 

The fact that Gibson puts a governor on this forum greatly diminishes the potential contributions.  If I want to connect to an unfettered sharing of info, I find other forums to be more open and informative, especially the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum (UMGF).  Gibson corporate has choked off this venue for ease of use and freedom of info sharing and access.

1 hour ago, jedzep said:

The fact that Gibson puts a governor on this forum greatly diminishes the potential contributions.  If I want to connect to an unfettered sharing of info, I find other forums to be more open and informative, especially the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum (UMGF).  Gibson corporate has choked off this venue for ease of use and freedom of info sharing and access.

I think it’s probably more the opposite. By limiting the amount of data that the server is hosting the forum can sustain more members for a longer period of time.

• Like 1

I have noticed something when I sign in, is Facebook and Twitter and says it's quicker to sign in on. I don't do either of those. I'm wondering if they're transitioning again to where you have to go through one of them to get to this forum.? Also I can downsize photos/edit etc all the way to 40 kbs well under the max. But I guess is that right now, the maximum total size of this thread I'm typing they are allowing is only  29.88 kB. Anything beyond that limit, it won't take it. Thanks for the replies, hopefully a moderator or administrator will reply. Thx again.

Edited by the other side
Additional comment.

3 hours ago, Pinch said:

I can't believe there are people who don't know about image-hosting sites. Wait til I tell you about calculators, it'll blow your minds. 

Not having a good day. 

Believe it or not, I was one! Never had a need for whatever a image hosting site was. I always wondered what the big deal about posting pics here was such a big deal with only hundreds of threads about it, and I figured out how to, then realized the kBs were descending and to discover what I thought was no problem, that I was actually a dying duck in a hail storm! Then yall came to the rescue and  I had to learn real quick! I see what Tman did, so I'll try that when the time comes. I was glad I at least got the horse to water and I'd figure out how to make him drink later. Thanks to all once again!

Edited by the other side
Typo correction

7 minutes ago, the other side said:

Believe it or not, I was one! Never had a need for whatever a image hosting site was. I always wondered what the big deal about posting pics here was such a big deal with only hundreds of threads about it, and I figured out how to, then realized the kBs were descending and to discover what I thought was no problem, that I was actually a dying duck in a hail storm! Then yall came to the rescue and  I had to learn real quick! I see what Tman did, so I'll try that when the time comes. I was glad I at least got the horse to water and I'd figure out how to make him drink later. Thanks to all once again!

Sorry, I was being a jerk. Not the best day. 

13 hours ago, Farnsbarns said:

The internet has been around too long for people to still need teaching how to use it. 

We’re on a plane flying over the middle of the ocean and the pilot suddenly dies. Good thing is planes have been around for a long time so anyone else in the plane will easily bring us to safety 

• Haha 3

On 3/4/2023 at 12:42 PM, Pinch said:

I can't believe there are people who don't know about image-hosting sites. Wait til I tell you about calculators, it'll blow your minds. 

Not having a good day. 

In the interest of hi-tech then  ...

The newest update to the iconic iPhone ...  (16.3.1)   has a feature built in by the techies to make our lives better.    It, too, will blow your mind.     They've 'added' (ie. Snuck in under the radar a difficult change to find)   a  setting whereby YOUR phone will Not CHARGE when you put it on your charging station,  if YOUR phone senses that the source of the energy (electricity)  is from an unscrupulous source at the time.  IE. not "clean'. 

I do not pretend to know what that means.  Only that it appears you might rush out in the morning thinking your phone is charged and find it is not.   Under  Settings/Battery/Battery Health and Charging/Clean Energy Charging.    There is a toggle they've set to ON for you.  On YOUR phone.  You can switch it off.  Assuming you want to.     Glad  Apple doesn't manufacture airplanes.  

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

In the interest of hi-tech then  ...

The newest update to the iconic iPhone ...  (16.3.1)   has a feature built in by the techies to make our lives better.    It, too, will blow your mind.     They've 'added' (ie. Snuck in under the radar a difficult change to find)   a  setting whereby YOUR phone will Not CHARGE when you put it on your charging station,  if YOUR phone senses that the source of the energy (electricity)  is from an unscrupulous source at the time.  IE. not "clean'. 

I do not pretend to know what that means.  Only that it appears you might rush out in the morning thinking your phone is charged and find it is not.   Under  Settings/Battery/Battery Health and Charging/Clean Energy Charging.    There is a toggle they've set to ON for you.  On YOUR phone.  You can switch it off.  Assuming you want to.     Glad  Apple doesn't manufacture airplanes.  

Yikes!

I don’t care for Imgur so I signed up with another but forgot it’s name.. I don’t post very many Pics anymore.. Most Forums are too complicated & require outside Apps & there are too many steps to bother with..