Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone's Dog Gonna Hide Under The Bed Tonight

Sgt. Pepper

So its my countries Independence Day. Yeah America. So tonight there will be fireworks going off all over in the hood. SC is a state where fireworks are legal. Usually the stores have one or two cars in the parking lot. The last week they have been mobbed. I can be to any one of four fireworks stores within 3 mins of leaving my house. People have been setting them off at night for the last few days and my dog goes and hides under the bed.

Happy 4th all you 'Mericans.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

Got a 2 year old dachshund. He panicked when our neighbor set off a lot of loud fireworks last night (He told the neighbors when he was going to shoot them off.) 

Our dog was curious at first. We were on our back deck watching & then he bolted for the door.

We let him in & he ran under our bed petrified! Last year he didn't react like that. Took a few hours for him to calm down. 

Neighbor did a great fireworks show! Right behind our back yard in big open area he owns.

NC doesn't allow fireworks but our neighbor goes to SC & gets the good stuff...

(They don't really enforce the ban on fireworks in our area, so our neighbor does a "show" every year.)

Happy 4th!!

7 minutes ago, Brytam said:

Got a 2 year old dachshund. He panicked when our neighbor set off a lot of loud fireworks last night (He told the neighbors when he was going to shoot them off.) 

Our dog was curious at first. We were on our back deck watching & then he bolted for the door.

We let him in & he ran under our bed petrified! Last year he didn't react like that. Took a few hours for him to calm down. 

Neighbor did a great fireworks show! Right behind our back yard in big open area he owns.

NC doesn't allow fireworks but our neighbor goes to SC & gets the good stuff...

(They don't really enforce the ban on fireworks in our area, so our neighbor does a "show" every year.)

Happy 4th!!

I'm in Little River and the next town over is North Myrtle Beach.  You can buy them in NMB, but its illegal to set them off in NMB. But as you probably know Carolinian's are not really rule followers, especially the nut jobs in SC. And then there are the tourist that now coming in droves to sit on the beach and get fatter by the minute and eat all the crab legs at the buffet.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

My beef is that Tuesday evening is my usual jam session. So, due to the holiday today, and the family activities of my fellow musicians, we are skipping tonight's session.  Bummer. We will resume next Tuesday. But I'll be Jonesing 'til next Tuesday.  Oh, and our two cats will be hiding inside during the noise.

3 minutes ago, tlwwalker said:

My beef is that Tuesday evening is my usual jam session. So, due to the holiday today, and the family activities of my fellow musicians, we are skipping tonight's session.  Bummer. We will resume next Tuesday. But I'll be Jonesing 'til next Tuesday.  Oh, and our two cats will be hiding inside during the noise.

Cat's are allowed to hide too.

Really, if my dogs were still alive, they'd have been under the bed since Sunday night. But it wasn't all that bad since everyone on the block knocked it off by 11:00 pm.I think tonight it'll all start earlier and go on much later.

Happy 4th all

Whitefang

39 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Really, if my dogs were still alive, they'd have been under the bed since Sunday night. But it wasn't all that bad since everyone on the block knocked it off by 11:00 pm.I think tonight it'll all start earlier and go on much later.

Happy 4th all

Whitefang

It supposed to rain here starting at 6 pm or so. I hope it rains for hours and ruins the idiots loud fun.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

No Comment 

1973 bro.  1973.  It is ours, we own that.  When he does this up at the Meadowlands you can hear it all the way down here at AC.  There is no other song for this day, here.

rct

39 minutes ago, rct said:

1973 bro.  1973.  It is ours, we own that.  When he does this up at the Meadowlands you can hear it all the way down here at AC.  There is no other song for this day, here.

rct

I didn’t know sound traveled that far from a stadium. I don’t even think the Grateful Dead’s legendary Wall Of Sound sound system could do that. I was born 10 mins from the Meadowlands, lucky me.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I didn’t know sound traveled that far from a stadium. I don’t even think the Grateful Dead’s legendary Wall Of Sound sound system could do that. I was born 10 mins from the Meadowlands, lucky me.

lolz.  I don't much like it up there, but it is part of the state so we do what we have to do up there when we have to do it.  When he is there the crowd in that place can be heard on the moon.

rct

24 minutes ago, rct said:

lolz.  I don't much like it up there, but it is part of the state so we do what we have to do up there when we have to do it.  When he is there the crowd in that place can be heard on the moon.

rct

I saw the Cosmos play a few soccer games in the old meadowlands when I went out to New Jersey in 81. I went and saw Styx on the Paradise Theatre tour when it was called the Brendan Byrne Arena.

Oliver is laying down in front of my desk on his rug. Looking around at the sounds exploding. Outside, it bothers him and he won't go potty till its over. He runs for the house door. It never bothered my other dobermans. But they heard my guns before. We have a 11:00 shut off to but everyone ignores that rule and shoots them off till 12:30 to 1:00. That has been going on here for a week now. If it goes on one more day, I'm half tempted to start firing some of my big guns off.

my two Boxers react 180 degrees apart. Elsa freaks out & gets scared to death. hides behind my wife, shaking. Bella runs from window to window growling & barking wanting to tear them a new one ... 

Edited by Karloff

18 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Since it’s the 4th, Joey did it again stuffing 62 hot dogs, and buns in his gut. He won of course.

🤢  OOF!

My brother in law has of late taken to these humongous  hot dogs made by Nathan's.  Just one dog looks as if it contains the amount of "meat" enough for two regular "bun length" dogs.  I'll admit they do taste good, but also taste like each one contains my sodium allowance for two days. 

Now, if Joey could wolf down 62 of those, buns included, and still be conscious I'll buy a huge chunk of DXL stock.  [biggrin] 

Whitefang

7 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

🤢  OOF!

My brother in law has of late taken to these humongous  hot dogs made by Nathan's.  Just one dog looks as if it contains the amount of "meat" enough for two regular "bun length" dogs.  I'll admit they do taste good, but also taste like each one contains my sodium allowance for two days. 

Now, if Joey could wolf down 62 of those, buns included, and still be conscious I'll buy a huge chunk of DXL stock.  [biggrin] 

Whitefang

Yep the bigs ones, I call them donkey d%$#'s.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

On 7/4/2023 at 7:56 PM, CROWB8 said:

Do not, I repeat, do not drop your drawers Butch. Please.🙃

A couple years back I wanted to do a test on .45 acp HST ammo. I wanted to test the spread of the bullet. I filled a trash barrel full of water and let it sit. On the fourth, while everyone was shooting off fireworks, I went back to the motorhome by the garage and fired the round into the water. No one knew a thing.  I got the bullet out the bottom and the spread was almost one inch. So close it almost was an "  The bullet performed great.  Rob also wanted to hear how it spread, and I told him. 

10 hours ago, Whitefang said:

🤢  OOF!

Whitefang

When I went through that brain tumor cancer, (all what they did to me, as I was an experiment back then in the 70's, not expected to live.) My taste for salt was magnified. Still remember getting out of the hospital and going home. My wife made me chipped beef on toast. I took one bite and spit it out. I said, "What did you do?"  "Dump a whole container of Mortan Salt on top?"  No way I could eat that, like licking the salt flats. Then my Chemotherapist told me he did that to me.  The chemo drugs I had were 7 of 8.  Still don't use salt to this day, They put plenty enough in foods. More than what you need. 

• Thanks 1