Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Label

Sgt. Pepper

I read some conjecture here that one reason MT was selected of IL was to avoid Union entanglement.  I don't think MT is a "Union Free"  (or "Right To Work") state - but it might be harder to organize in a new business or branch.    I think the days where "Union Made" was a selling point didn't lapse over into this century.  Label you saw must have been on a guitar from the 70s or earlier. 

Michigan, Illinois, Ohio heck the whole "rust belt" was VERY union back in the day and had the strongest economies in the country until everybody started buying foreign made products and companies moved out for right to work states.

What we ended up with is this...

Every Saturday morning on radio station WVNN, there's an hour-long show called The Valley Labor Report.

Now, the set up is that WVNN is a conservative talk show type radio station.
(Local conservative talk show guys are featured all day, along with the syndicated Dan Bongino and Mark Levin shows in the afternoon and evening.)
And Alabama is a right-to-work State, with a strong voting record (except for the rust belt region) of voting in conservatives to office.

The Valley Labor Report show is decidedly not conservative, and is hosted by a couple of fellows who are pro-Union.
They spend an hour each Saturday morning extolling virtues of Union membership, slagging evil corporations and "Bosses",  and just generally dishing hate onto a certain former US President who sports a seriously unusual head of hair.

I find it interesting, when I'm driving around on Saturday morning errands, to give a listen.

The WVNN programming director has always tried to carve out some time each day to afford some local non-conservative type guys their own shows, I think in the interest of trying to appear non-partisan. But ratings (and advert sales) are king in talk radio, so it's a sink or swim situation for  various liberal talk show hosts in the Tennessee Valley.
Usually they sink.
But The Valley Labor Report seems to have survived, and has clearly has found an audience.

😐