Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite band that is Not Well Known?

pumpkin

I can't think of any current bands.

Crack The Sky were very big in my area back in the late 70's, early 80's and still do occasional reunions. Unfortunatley they never went too far nationally because of inside industry BS, but had songs much better than most of the big acts of the day. Kind of a cross between Yes, Zeppelin and IDK what else.

Tripping Daisy

There used to be this big bar near me that had all kinds of live music back in the day. (It's now a CVS). Anyway I can almost swear that I used to see Tripping Daisy up on their sign a lot, but I see they're from TX. Maybe it's my imagination?

I like King's X; they've been around for a long time. Ty Tabor is a very cool guitar player and I highly recommend Gretchen Goes to Nebraska to anyone thinking about checking them out.

There's a semi-local band around my area called The Gas House Gorillas who I've caught live a couple of times. They're a swing band and they SMOKE. Never saw a guy play an upright bass with an aluminum body and a wireless (yeah, he makes use of the wireless too). They're very tight, have a great sound and are a lot of fun. Catch them if they come to your area.

they sound familiar... would this have been in 1985?

Sounds about right. They played an outdoor show at a place in upstate Ct. called Lake Compounce (sp?), and I thought they both rocked, but I remember Kingdom Come had this HUGE Led Zeppelin vibe, and being a Led-hed, thoroughly dug it. Never heard from them again after that. I THINK they may have had a video on MTV before Jacko came along.

Archived