Gibson Brands Forums

Okay, so what the hell is this?

51 minutes ago, Karloff said:

lol, we're going to get some mileage out of that ... lol

Yeah, I cut my crummy Home Depot brand in half and my electron microscrope showed me the molecular structure was only cubically packed instead of Greco’s Hexagonal pattern.  Man, I wish I hadn’t blown the 1.29.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I found in in the road today.
That thing there, photographed next to the Fender Thin guitar pick.

Small metal object, v-shaped, lightweight, with serrations.

I'm at a loss.
🤨

1707869925739-jpeg.1212925

mystery-object-1-jpg.1212924

Sparquelito,

What I want to know is why do you spend time picking up little pieces of crap from the road?

Should we be alarmed, or just feel sad?

RBSinTo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Sparquelito,

What I want to know is why do you spend time picking up little pieces of crap from the road?

RBSinTo

I should have a bumper sticker that says "I brake for bungee cords".

I've gotten lots of tool off the road. Mostly screwdrivers, once in a while vise grips. Best one I found was a Snap On hammer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

I should have a bumper sticker that says "I brake for bungee cords".

I've gotten lots of tool off the road. Mostly screwdrivers, once in a while vise grips. Best one I found was a Snap On hammer.

Man, I have a whole tool bench full of road tools.  I always feel sorry for the sap that got back to the shop missing some bit of kit.  My fave is a 5lb sledge. I use it all the time.  Nice heavy chisel is another excellent piece I nearly got rear-ended for.  

15 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

My fave is a 5lb sledge. I use it all the time. 

When I was parting out motorcycles on eBay a 3 lb sledge with about a 10” handle was my best friend. That and a Craftsman impact driver. Both made quick work of those Japanese Phillips head screws.  Time is money. 

6 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Sparquelito,

RBSinTo

It's a fair question.

I have a lifelong desire to keep my home, grounds, street, and property neat and tidy.
I'm a picker-upper.

My wife and I also leash-walk our dogs a lot, and it has been my experience that dogs will sometimes pick up random objects off the ground, and sometimes swallow them.
Never a good situation.

So I pick things up, and put them either in the trash, the recycle bin, or in my rolling tool drawer.

I guess you should be neither alarmed or sad.
I'm not sure how to to advise on that notion.

🙂

Edited by sparquelito

1 hour ago, gearbasher said:

I once found a hand truck in the road. Too bad I was on a bicycle and about 15 miles from home. I just moved it to the side of the road, so no one would hit it.

I once was driving down the freeway right behind a panel truck with a loose roll-up door. I watched as the door gradually lifted up until we could see inside the empty box, except for the unsecured forklift that was now slowly shifting its way towards the open door…

guessing what was about to happen, I began to put as much room between me and that truck as I could, without making the folks behind me try to pass around. unaware of what was about to go down, literally.  

sure enough, the machine finally tipped out onto the pavement and bounced/rolled across the lanes. Luckily it was midday, and my maneuver was enough to slow traffic so that the jack made it all the way over to the far right lane without hitting anyone, and where folks could get around it.  

good thing there was an exit just ahead and all our honking and waving clued the driver in that something very bad had just happened. Something that could have been a helluva lot worse.  

My mom in the car turned to me and said “It was like you knew that was going to happen.” I just shrugged.  Always assume the worst when driving in the Twin Cities. 

• Like 2