Gibson Brands Forums

Billie Joe Armstron - "Bon Jovi are the worst band we've ever toured with" Guest Farnsbarns By Guest Farnsbarns September 14, 2012 in The Gibson Lounge

21 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

This is why I don't post here anymore. 

Dude, Nice to hear from you, even if it was to b!tch slap someone!

FYI - I am defiantly not taking sides here, and I am jamming Spandau Ballet - True right now, simply because I think it is the opposite of Punk. See how rebellious I am? ( Um, this spandau crap really hurts my head. This rebellion against rebellion is defiantly not worth it. Washing my brain with Whitesnake now!) 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

Dude, Nice to hear from you, even if it was to b!tch slap someone!

FYI - I am defiantly not taking sides here, and I am jamming Spandau Ballet - True right now, simply because I think it is the opposite of Punk. See how rebellious I am? ( Um, this spandau crap really hurts my head. This rebellion against rebellion is defiantly not worth it. Washing my brain with Whitesnake now!) 

Yeah, The New Romantic bands were the absolute opposite of punk. Dressed in slick clothes and made music to dance to.

I do like the song Vienna by Ultravox. Billy Joel had one too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 5/3/2024 at 11:32 PM, Californiaman said:

Since this OP was about punk rock, I just can’t help but remember all the nights driving up and down PCH listening to stuff like The Dead Kennedys, Police Truck or The Dickies Gigantor.   That was punk rock  

Night Of The Living Rednecks was funny. 

Posted (edited)

Damn I’m usually the one getting slagged on? I’m still a Zappa fan, so there is that.

1 minute we got 1 minute. Thats how to thrown a Punk Rock Hissy Fit. Love the mascara JBA.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I  like all of Motorhead's late 80s/early 90s albums. None of them sound like Ace of spades, and all of them are ten times better. Actually, make that 20 times better.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I  like all of Motorhead's late 80s/early 90s albums. None of them sound like Ace of spades, and all of them are ten times better. Actually, make that 20 times better.

The only one of the first bunch that is different is Perfect Day, due to Robbo on guitar. He got the boot after one album cause he liked to wear tutus and ballet slippers. Thats not to Motörhead-ish to me. All that came before that are great, but the same with different titles like AC/DC albums. Pick one. It’s like holding out 5 Hershey’s chocolate bars to someone and asking then to pick one thinking they are different.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

25 minutes ago, Pinch said:

The greatest drummer in the world…. Mikkey Dee !!! 

Sarge - if that’s true I’ll trade you my Fly on the Wall for your Powerage 😆

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

The greatest drummer in the world…. Mikkey Dee !!! 

Sarge - if that’s true I’ll trade you my Fly on the Wall for your Powerage 😆

I love Powerage, and I’m a Bon AC/DC fan. BIB and everything after I don’t listen to. I never want to hear Shook Me ever again, or most of BIB. I guess I’m just weird. You know I listen to Zappa right. 

If you purchased Fly In The Wall sorry about that. I guess as an Aussie it’s your birthright.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If you purchased Fly In The Wall sorry about that. I guess as an Aussie it’s your birthright.

Actually  it’s inscribed in law here…if you ever hope to get a passport or any pension etc

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

Actually  it’s inscribed in law here…if you ever hope to get a passport or any pension etc

What junk was on that album? I remember the dumb cover. That’s about it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Posted (edited)

As a battle scarred veteran of the old IRC flame wars, I believe this sideshow is why God invented the “block” button.  Use it and scroll peacefully.  You guys clearly are never going to sit down and have a friendly brew together.  So why bother pissing at each other? The forums will be much more pleasant for everyone.  

Edited by PrairieDog
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

I believe this sideshow is why God invented the “block” button.

Wait, there's a "block" button??? That explains why no one talks to me.

I am down for a "mute" button,  just so I could use it on myself. My brain mouth filter apparently needs to be replaced, but I'm so old they no longer make one for my make and model.

2 hours ago, duane v said:

Alright fellas....

This thread really doesn't have to go down this path..... once again.

yea, it hung a hard left. or right ... 

Posted (edited)

Here’s one. The other day The Stones (Rolling) played the Jazzfest in NO, LA. Muck Jagged an Englishman needed to criticize the Governor of the State while on stage during their show in the same state. We all got opinions, but Jagged can express his while getting paid millions to shake his rump on stage. I do it here for free. Express my opinions, not shake my rump. And some are fine that Muck did it cause it’s his right and his concert.

How about go criticize Parliament and the new King Of England and shut it about our country.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

If it was the governor of South Dakota that’s a pretty cut and dry case…yeah not only did I shoot my dog in the face I also shot a goat in the face because it smelled bad. Vote for me