Gibson Brands Forums

Billie Joe Armstron - "Bon Jovi are the worst band we've ever toured with" Guest Farnsbarns By Guest Farnsbarns September 14, 2012 in The Gibson Lounge

There were just too many haters in this post against Green Day, calling them bad, worm out, and "twits". This was over 10 years ago, and Saviors has reached number one on many current top album billboards. Just thought that the earlier post needed some form of an update ๐Ÿ™‚

It's ironic how the punk genre has devolved from an anti societal rant to a woke drone of cultural marxism and social irrelevance. ย I'm not a fan of Green Day. ย I've seen them in the mid 90s and I just don't gravitate to them. ย Even back then, bands like The Offspring, Social Distortion, and Rancid, struck a more conciliatory tone with me.

Sure, after 20 plus years of grinding out ย a living playing, recording, and touring, you're bound to hit a winner from time to time.

1 hour ago, Californiaman said:

It's ironic how the punk genre has devolved from an anti societal rant to a woke drone of cultural marxism and social irrelevance. ย I'm not a fan of Green Day. ย I've seen them in the mid 90s and I just don't gravitate to them. ย Even back then, bands like The Offspring, Social Distortion, and Rancid, struck a more conciliatory tone with me.

Sure, after 20 plus years of grinding out ย a living playing, recording, and touring, you're bound to hit a winner from time to time.

The Offspring, Social Distortion, and Rancid? I and I would assume anyone else near my age has never heard of any of them... maybe the offspring, but that's even pushing it. Where as most can list a catalog of songs and albums green day has put out.ย  And over the past 20 years green day has had major success, I don't know what your on rn honestly. First of all, ever heard of American Idiot? perhaps the most well known punk album ever made? Then a follow up to with 21CB, less well known but just the amount of effort and maybe even better sound. And now Saviors once again, their return to the top.

Just now, Californiaman said:

Green Day is not my thing. Never was. Never will be. ย I've covered over 100 bands as a music journalist and I can not say I ever liked Green Day. ย They're not for me.ย 

Fair enough, not everything is for everyone

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, The CB said:

There were just too many haters in this post against Green Day, calling them bad, worm out, and "twits". This was over 10 years ago, and Saviors has reached number one on many current top album billboards. Just thought that the earlier post needed some form of an update ๐Ÿ™‚

Cool you listen to them. More for you and less for me. 50 year olds dressing like 20 something hipsters to look cool to the younger crowd. Lame like their music. Oh Jovi blows too.

I thought Armstrong had a โ€œGโ€ in it?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 minutes ago, The CB said:

The Offspring, Social Distortion, and Rancid? I and I would assume anyone else near my age has never heard of any of them... maybe the offspring, but that's even pushing it. Where as most can list a catalog of songs and albums green day has put out.ย  And over the past 20 years green day has had major success, I don't know what your on rn honestly. First of all, ever heard of American Idiot? perhaps the most well known punk album ever made? Then a follow up to with 21CB, less well known but just the amount of effort and maybe even better sound. And now Saviors once again, their return to the top.

This post is so cringey lolย 

ย 

American idiot is about as punk as Avril Lavigne.. itโ€™s not even art, itโ€™s a commercial product.ย 
ย 

If you like McDonalds thatโ€™s fine but youโ€™ll have a hard time convincing people that McDonalds makes the best burger in the world. They have sold a lot of burgers but that doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s good foodย 

I enjoy Green Day.... I saw them twice in the 90's and they are super tight musicians and the show was great as well....... But I also find the McDonalds Big Mac (no cheese) to be the best burger on planet earth....... so take my opinion for what it's worth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Taylor Swift sells a lot of tix and braceletts. She must make great music. ย 

Taylor Swift is awesome..... Although her latest album release is a bit too negative for me.... I just don't like hearing about detailed relationship problems in a song.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, duane v said:

Taylor Swift is awesome..... Although her latest album release is a bit too negative for me.... I just don't like hearing about detailed relationship problems in a song.

What ย . . . The Princess Of The Universe too negative? What about her shinny happy world she lives in? She has a pro athlete significant other, she makes millions, dates high profile men. Travels the world entertaining Milfs and 13 year olds. She is hot though.

ย 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What ย . . . The Princess Of The Universe too negative? What about her shinny happy world she lives in? She has a pro athlete significant other, she makes millions, dates high profile men. Travels the world entertaining Milfs and 13 year olds. She is hot though.

ย 

The releaseย "The Tortured Poets Department" ...... a lot of it is painful to listen to: Tons of f-bombs everywhere and the lyrical lofty-ness in the name of trying to come off smart/clever is undesirable to my ears.

Everything prior to that release is quite good, (with exception of the country shhhhstuff).

In my experience the world is what you make of it whether you make millions or not. But we can all agree her musical starting line was definitely far ahead of most and she is at the point she can do whatever she wants. Having a massive following allows her to have that type of musical latitude.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, duane v said:

The releaseย "The Tortured Poets Department" ...... a lot of it is painful to listen to: Tons of f-bombs everywhere and the lyrical lofty-ness in the name of trying to come off smart/clever is undesirable to my ears.

Everything prior to that release is quite good, (with exception of the country shhhhstuff).

In my experience the world is what you make of it whether you make millions or not. But we can all agree her musical starting line was definitely far ahead of most and she is at the point she can do whatever she wants. Having a massive following allows her to have that type of musical latitude.

She probably can do what she wants, but like Charles Barkley, young 13 year olds need to know she is not their role model. Shes a sexually active adult who has boned ย some of the sexiest men on the planet, cause of who she is. See 13 year olds this can be you.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

17 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

Opinions are like a drunk uncle.ย 

Everybody's got one.ย 

(And some of us ARE one.)

๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™m just drunk. If Iโ€™m someoneโ€™s uncle that is of no consequence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

She probably can do what she wants, but like Charles Barkley, young 13 year olds need to know she is not their role model. Shes a sexually active adult who has boned ย some of the sexiest men on the planet, cause of who she is. See 13 year olds this can be you.

I guess the same can be said about male rock stars that are worshipped by 13 year olds just watch some of them OD or drink themselves to death.... and have multiple partners as well.

Vicious Circle!!!

But like the songs says....

"I know it's only rock n roll but I like it."

ย 

• Like 1

I never got into Green Day and never will. I donโ€™t care how hard itโ€™s been to do whatever they have, I donโ€™t enjoy their music. I also donโ€™t enjoy Taylor music either. Wanna fight about it!

Posted (edited)

"1 Minute. ย I've got one minute left."

Times up you piece of excrement. ย Sounds like a petulant child who didn't get their way. How punk is that?
ย 

When the Supreme Court of the US sent Roe v. Wade back to the states for them to decide the abortion issue, Armstrong announced in the middle of a gig in London that he was renouncing his US citizenship. ย Not something he gave a lot of thought to. ย Since BJ announced he was renouncing his American citizenship, then why is he still here? ย Go to Canada or Europe or BF Egypt BJ. ย Take your punk attitude to Gaza or some other place. ย Maybe the Chinese will let you in.

If you don't like it here. Get the fu@% out!

Edited by Californiaman
BJ is an idiot
  • Like 1

What???!!!??!ย  A thread about music hate musicians have for music they swear they never listen to yet hate it deeper than any hatey hater hate ever hated?ย  Here??!!?ย ย 

No way.

rct

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, rct said:

What???!!!??!ย  A thread about music hate musicians have for music they swear they never listen to yet hate it deeper than any hatey hater hate ever hated?ย  Here??!!?ย ย 

No way.

rct

I donโ€™t need to experience hemorrhoids every day to know I hate them.ย 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I never got into Green Day and never will. I donโ€™t care how hard itโ€™s been to do whatever they have, I donโ€™t enjoy their music. I also donโ€™t enjoy Taylor music either. Wanna fight about it!

Nope I am in total agreement. Neither TS or GD are special in the kind of music they make. There are many out there doing the same schtick. Old guy poser punks and a hot chick with a decent voice who sings about men who wronged her. Wow mind blowing.

• Haha 1