Gibson Brands Forums

Stuff That Makes Me Scratch My Head

Posted (edited)

So sometimes two people are having a discussion. It gets a little more heated, and then it gets to an argument and then one person says:

“You don’t know me”

What is that a 7 year old playground comeback insult for adults?

I don’t know you - is relevant how in our discussion? We were arguing about whether a Big Mac or a Whopper is a better fast food burger.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

I’ve never had a Whopper but isn’t BK kinda a bottom tier fast food joint? 

I'd say McDonalds is the bottom of the barrel. A whopper is WAY better than anything McD sells.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hmmm this is like a choice between cyanide or arsenic. Both gross me out - I used to like Whoppers.

Culver’s makes a good burger - for those that know of this place… I make awesome burgers once I get grilling. I take pride with what I put on the grill haha

Posted (edited)

The Big Mac/Whopper was just an example. It wasn’t an argument I was having. But I’ve heard the - you don’t know me - several times. So what if I don’t know you?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Hmmm this is like a choice between cyanide or arsenic. Both gross me out - I used to like Whoppers.

Culver’s makes a good burger - for those that know of this place… I make awesome burgers once I get grilling. I take pride with what I put on the grill haha

I moved to a location that doesn't have Culvers. They do make a tasty burger.....Butterburger! I was a huge fan of the turtle sunday also😄

Posted (edited)

In Oz, our BK restaurants are not branded Burger King, but instead Hungry Jacks - same logo, different words. see, this little takeaway food shop in South Australia was already named Burger King back when.
Their large hamburger is called the….Big Jack.  
I sh!tteth you not.

Edited by 'Scales

15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I moved to a location that doesn't have Culvers. They do make a tasty burger.....Butterburger! I was a huge fan of the turtle sunday also😄

I’ve been to one Carver’s. It was decent.

7 hours ago, 'Scales said:

In Oz, our BK restaurants are not branded Burger King, but instead Hungry Jacks - same logo, different words. see, this little takeaway food shop in South Australia was already named Burger King back when.
Their large hamburger is called the….Big Jack.  
I sh!tteth you not.

Isn’t the Jack an STD like in the AC/DC song?

Posted (edited)

I love Jack-In-The Box tacos. So good, yet you know so bad for you.

I worked at Burger King when I was 17. 

gRZDvLZ.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Larsongs said:

The real answer is they’re both awful! Go to the Store, buy some Prime Burgers, all the fixings, take them home & Barbecue your own! Argument over!

This is my way of having burgers. The only problem is every store near me only sells 80-90% lean burgers. I want fat! It make them 100 times better.

41 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

This is my way of having burgers. The only problem is every store near me only sells 80-90% lean burgers. I want fat! It make them 100 times better.

That’s too bad. Mostly Choice or Select Cut. Neither compare to Prime Cut.. You should ask  your Butcher if he can grind some for you.. I like a good home Barbecue Prime Burger as much as a Steak.. With fresh USA Cheese, USA Veggies.. Organic Lettuce, Tomatoes & Avacado, On a Fresh Orowheat Whole wheat Bun.. I’m getting hungry!

15 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

That’s too bad. Mostly Choice or Select Cut. Neither compare to Prime Cut.. You should ask  your Butcher if he can grind some for you.. I like a good home Barbecue Prime Burger as much as a Steak.. With fresh USA Cheese, USA Veggies.. Organic Lettuce, Tomatoes & Avacado, On a Fresh Orowheat Whole wheat Bun.. I’m getting hungry!

STOP....my stomach is growling!

A good home cooked burger is pretty hard to beat.

Bison is good for burgers also.

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

STOP....my stomach is growling!

A good home cooked burger is pretty hard to beat.

Bison is good for burgers also.

My Cousin Tommy grew up on Catalina Island.. They brought Bison to Catalina in the 30’s where they filmed lots of Westerns.. The Herds roam wild on the huge Private part of the Island.. There is a Bison Burger joint on the Boardwalk in Catalina.. We used to ge there & Have some Bison Burgers. They were good…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

We have Culver’s. They are the only fast food I’ll eat.  The butter burger is great.  There was a geezer guy at our usual place (I can say that because we were peers) who knew how to make an old fashioned ice cream soda, and he’d make them for us even though it’s not on the menu.  Last place we could find ‘em.  He’s gone now.  They said they could still make one, but what I got was basically a thin, watery milk shake. At least we have the memories. 

Edited by PrairieDog

29 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

We have Culver’s. They are the only fast food I’ll eat.  The butter burger is great.  There was a geezer guy at our usual place (I can say that because we were peers) who knew how to make an old fashioned ice cream soda, and he’d make them for us even though it’s not on the menu.  Last place we could find ‘em.  He’s gone now.  They said they could still make one, but what I got was basically a thin, watery milk shake. At least we have the memories. 

I love ice cream. I was at a Dairy Queen about 30 years ago, ordered a sunday, but asked the lady if she could use peanut butter ice cream instead of vanilla, she said sure. She liked it so much she put it on her menu, I was honored. She said I should be able to go to any DQ and they would know how to make it based on the name of the sunday...peanut butter chocolate crunch sunday. I tried to order that at a few DQs but nobody would make it, even though I said all you have to do is change the vanilla for PB. But no luck, the kids just look at you like you're an alien.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Fresh White Castle’s with cheese and a chocolate shake.

Back in the 60’s I ate a ton of those at the 14th St. White Castle in Wash. D.C. when I was when I was in the Army Stationed there…

I can’t eat them anymore… They’re not the same or I’m not the same…

Edited by Larsongs

On 5/11/2024 at 10:12 PM, Larsongs said:

The real answer is they’re both awful! Go to the Store, buy some Prime Burgers, all the fixings, take them home & Barbecue your own! Argument over!

Sarge's  post got kinda hijacked.

I haven't had a McDonalds burger is decades..... I really don't do fast food much....just in an emergency.

If I have a burger, it'll be an "In & Out" or one I grill, (which are the best to me....because I make them EXACTLY how I like 'em!).

My wife and I do "Take Out" every Friday, (so she doesn't have to cook).   Last Friday we did  Cousin's Lobster Truck food because they just happened to be in town that day.

The week before we had Greek Food from The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill..... the week before Isola Osteria Sicilian Italian Restaurant pizza.

We stay away from "Fast Food" as much as possible.