Gibson Brands Forums

Cracked Nuts on Gibson Les Paul Classics

The topic of guitar nuts and Gibson QC is not a new issue, but it seems to come and go and currently there seems an issue with the latest batches of Gibson Les Paul Classic’s (it might affect others, but my knowledge of this issue is with Classic’s).

The nut on my latest brand new purchase is cracked on both sides and has two deep knife cuts at the top.

The retailer has confirmed that all the other 3 guitars they have in the store (all new) have exactly the same cracks. 
Yet my 2022 Classic has a perfect nut and is the same colour as the neck binding. (A dirty white or ivory)

It’s interesting that the nut in this latest guitar is a very bright white and looks strange with the dirty white of the neck binding. 
Did Gibson lower the quality of the nut product or have a bad batch that has cracked so many?

3 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

To avoid cracking your nuts shorten the shoulder strap, so the guitar sits higher when you play.

RBSinTo

In all my years of playing I have never banged my junk with my guitar. Not sure what others are doing but I dare say they are doing something seriously wrong. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

In all my years of playing I have never banged my junk with my guitar. Not sure what others are doing but I dare say they are doing something seriously wrong. 

Chris,

Perhaps those others had their nuts cracked by people who couldn't stand their playing.

Whatcha think?

RBSinTo

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

1533638183_144497578497976_goldstyles.jp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

he could have a real long neck tenon,, ya know??? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, gearbasher said:

1533638183_144497578497976_goldstyles.jp

Get me to my amp so I can . . . it. Then I’m burning this guitar in a ritual sacrifice.

Hes not only the best player with his teeth, but between his legs too. It’s how I play. It’s hard to get comfortable sitting on a couch like that. Is that wrong?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Apparently you don’t have unlimited access to free ones like pros do.

Mm. Their access should be revoked if they smash them. Then again, in Hendrix' case the entire man was revoked, so...

1. Cracked nuts
2. Kicked in the groin by Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher
3. Ex-wife has a voodoo doll
4. Ex-girlfriend has a voodoo doll
5. Antonio Brown took his gear off at the bench during a game, and threw it at your groin
6. Ex-mother-in-law has a voodoo doll
7. Wearing your jeans from high school to the 40th year high school reunion
8. Jilted girl from 40 years ago who saw you at the high school reunion has a voodoo doll
9. Kicked in the groin by Paul Newman playing Butch Cassidy
10.  Some sort of hernia maybe?

😐

10-Causes-of-Groin-Pain-That-Most-Men-Ig

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Apparently you don’t have unlimited access to free ones like pros do.

I think I saw somewhere once that Paul Stanley was provided Gibson rejects to smash up as part of the show?

1 minute ago, 'Scales said:

I think I saw somewhere once that Paul Stanley was provided Gibson rejects to smash up as part of the show?

He smashed a guitar all 4 times I saw them. It’s BS showmanship.

2 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

lol I never cease to be amused by the human race - especially guitar players. How many of you wear cups when it’s time to perform?

Chris,

I wear a cup, but only when I play hockey. 

RBSinTo

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

They are hacks, but when I was 10, I lived for Kiss.

Yes and yes…back before vhs/dvd/youtube that first Alive album fueled a lot of rock star ambition among kids I’m sure [thumbup]

1 hour ago, RBSinTo said:

Chris,

I wear a cup, but only when I play hockey. 

RBSinTo

Yeah I did too when I played hockey. Great game! To me nothing is more exciting than playoff hockey. We got a lot of great Red Wing hockey for many years a while back so hoping that it comes back around sooner than later. 

3 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Yeah I did too when I played hockey. Great game! To me nothing is more exciting than playoff hockey. We got a lot of great Red Wing hockey for many years a while back so hoping that it comes back around sooner than later. 

Chris,

Watching playoff hockey is exciting, but living in Toronto, we don't see our guys playing much of it.

Being a Red Wing fan, you at least have a reasonable chance to see meaningful playoff games in the not too distant future. 

Here in Toronto,  with our abysmally terrible corporate ownership, we doubt if we ever will again.

RBSinTo