Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: The Sea (foam) Was Calling….

26 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Do you have pics of the back and sides?  Would be interested to see that too.

Sure! Wasn’t sure how much folks wanted to see, but since you asked 🙂 I had to take it outside, the light is fading and the mosquitos nearly carried me away.  The color morphs hues in different light.  

iw7ABFW.jpg

WMEbhqN.jpg

q2PmvoB.jpg

PEyOqAq.jpg

Nd0sbfT.jpg

• Like 1

Oh nice.. Thanks.. They have actually matched the wood on the sides back and top really really well..  All looks like the same level of figuring and all has that sea look...

Awesome..  Guitars dont really get much nicer than that do they?  👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Oh nice.. Thanks.. They have actually matched the wood on the sides back and top really really well..  All looks like the same level of figuring and all has that sea look...

Awesome..  Guitars dont really get much nicer than that do they?  👍

Nod, It’s hard to not sound immodest, but it really is something.  In a herd of some nice guitars, it does stand out.  And it’s not just pretty looks.  After sneaking out of work to play it,  my wife came back declaring, “It has tone for days!!”  I think the DIF may be pouting, believing it’s been upstaged.  I’ll have to spend some time with it to reassure it 😁

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/17/2024 at 9:07 PM, PrairieDog said:

The Supreme, so far, is supreme.

Lordy, she looks amazing, and I like "Sea Foam" less than I like my ex wife. I am so pumped for you that her "tone/timbre" exceeds her beauty. (I'm "sea foam" with Envy!!!)

PS - She looks so good that my second born daughter, (with the stigmatism), no longer has a stigmatism after gazing upon your Supreme! Maybe now, she'll stop walking in circles!)

Edited by Sheepdog1969
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, sparquelito said:

A fabulous guitar, and the most accurate replication of the Carribean seas I have ever seen!

Congratulations indeed. 

🙂

wnLH5w==

Caribbean seas? All I see is a bikini top!

3 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

Lordy, she looks amazing, and I like "Sea Foam" less than I like my ex wife. I am so pumped for you that her "tone/timbre" exceeds her beauty. (I'm "sea foam" with Envy!!!)

PS - She looks so good that my second born daughter, (with the stigmatism), no longer has a stigmatism after gazing upon your Supreme! Maybe now, she'll stop walking in circles!)

Thanks, Sheepdog, for the nice words and great chuckle to wake up to.  Both your comments 😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Wow this is a really cool guitar! The color with the wavy grain really does give the impression of tropical ocean water 

The inlays and binding are freakin awesome

Hey, thanks, Dub-T! I’m just glad it sounds as lush as it looks🙂

Edited by PrairieDog

4 minutes ago, duane v said:

I'm really digging the headstock design.

Never seen that one.

The story is they found a couple of sketches in the archives from the 40s.  The whole design is what turned my head the minute I saw it.