Gibson Brands Forums

How did YOU honor your Mom, Wife or Special Lady today?

pumpkin

We attend the same church, so after church we took Mom and Dad out for Lunch, I refuse to call it brunch! I gave her a certificate for a full day at the spa and a year pass to her tanning salon.

Aren't Mom's fantastic?

Sent mom and the mother-in-law each an 18 pack of pink and red roses from Flowers.com.

Barbecued (open pit red oak as always) a fillet mignon roast for my wife, served with grilled artichokes, salad, and some grilled French Bread.

The kids gave her Asiatic Lilies and "Mama Mia," only because we couldn't find "HairSpray," to watch tonight.

I honor my mother all year long. For Mother's Day, which I stopped by on Friday like do almost every Friday, I brought her a nice potted azalea bush and a funny card. Today, I called her but her and my father were out somewhere, probably doing something fun.

my mom is in Germany right now so i played a few songs over the phone (i always play a song for my mom today) just to keep tradition alive. and when she gets home i am cooking a rack of ribs for her with sweet potato's and everythin.

For our Daughter and DIL's I send flowers every year since they first became Mothers. For the sole surviving Grand-Mother of my steps, now 93, it's flowers and a phone call and she's good and tired. And for Randi, my bride and best friend, I go out on Sunday morning and pick a big ol' bunch of wildflowers that are so abundant on our property this time of year. She gets flowers and PIZZA in bed then I go out to the garage/shop/nursery/sickle-barn/music room and stay outta her hair 'till she's got herself together.

The last time I saw my Mother and there was recognition in her eyes was 10 years ago today. We sang "You are My Sunshine" in her driveway and kissed each other good-bye.

Happy Mother's Day, all. And a nod to those whose Mothers have left the building. That's a tough one.

Archived