Gibson Brands Forums

I like the flame

callen3615

You guys have beautiful guitars!!

So I want a standard. I like a lot of flame. What kinda standard can I get used with alot of flame? I assumed the les paul standard premium plus was the best. Any others?

Luck has a lot to do with it. You have to get lucky and come across one with a monster top. I'd say your best bet is to go to a local music store or two and tell them to keep an eye out for what you're looking for. That or search eBay and local classified ads relentlessly until you find one. If you go used' date=' be prepared to pay a premium for a guitar with a monster top.

If you want a monster flame, a Gibson USA Les Paul with a plus top (not necessarily a Standard) is your best bet. Neo has a Classic plus top, I believe. That or buy yourself an R9 or a chambered reissue. Here's another R9.

[img']http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg225/Gibson_Tim/IMG_2118.jpg[/img]

Because I now know that I should see guitars in person and play them before I buy them... However My standard is one of the best player and looker guitars Ive ever played IMO...

And mistake #2 was putting it on a monthly plan!!!! (I had a little bit of interest):-

Archived