Gibson Brands Forums

Left Handed Gibsons

SG_Lefty

What is it with Gibson and Left Handed guitars? At least Fender manages to make 9 models in lefty.

Now don't get me wrong, I love both Gibson and Fender guitars, but I can't help complain a little about the lack of lefties, there's even dedicated forums for us lefties.

I would'nt even mind if Epiphone made lefties... By this I mean the explorers and the Vee's mainly. I own a SG Standard lefty and I love it, just wish they had more choices for the other guitars.

I've heard that it's to costly to re-tool, I don't buy that nowaday's... I work in the automation business for the auto companies and we retool for new product all the time, it's not a big deal if you plan for it. The investment would'nt be that much.

I'm sure there are a lot of lefties out there that would love to buy explorers and Vee's. Come On GIBSON PLEASE....

O:)

They wait until demand is deemed sufficient, then they tool up for a run of Lefty's - and get top dollar.

Build a few, then sit back and watch the sales....

My dealer has the last two NEW Lefty Les Paul '58 RI's Gibson shipped.

A couple years ago they blew 'em out so he got 'em, sold all but two.

Lefty here!

There's just not enough demand for Gibson (or any other guitar mfgr.) to build lefthanded instruments with any regularity; with broad coverage of models; in any quantities. Face it - we are the minority and have to suck hind tit when it comes to instrument availability. It's the way of the world. Nothing to whine about though...... No one will ever ask to borrow your guitar!

• 4 months later...
Lefty here!

There's just not enough demand for Gibson (or any other guitar mfgr.) to build lefthanded instruments with any regularity; with broad covergae of models; in any quantities. Face it - we are the minority and have to suck hind tit when it comes to instrument availability. It's the way of the world. Nothing to whine about though...... No one will ever ask to borrow your guitar!

here is some lefty inspriation... Look at how beautiful they can be....

Come on Gibson... Make a lefty Explorer.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

I grew up ambidextrous' date=' then settled into left or right depending on the activity.

I tried playing Lefty - might as well been using my toes....

[/quote']

Man, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!

...anyway, I'm lefty. You gotta find'em where you can.

LesPauls.jpg

otros.jpg

Although I seem to be surrounded by left handed mutants all of a sudden.....

HAHAHAH JOKING DUDES! Really. Some of my best friends are Mut..... errr left handed.

Nah seriously Gibson or fender give a damn about guitars I am afraid. The almighty dollar speaks again. I Do however know that PRS do some killer LH models, so does Washburn, Ibanez, MCS etc. Branding means nothing nowadays and quality is VERY high. Food for thought mate ;-)

I feel your pain, I had to special order my lefty SG then wait for weeks for delivery.

The choice of lefty's in the stores is really a joke,

but on the other hand, my G.A.S. is easily controlled since there's

so little to choose from.

Hey Mr. Natural , did you have to special order those or were

you in right store at the right time ?

(or the left store at the left time ..hehe )

Archived