Gibson Brands Forums

Good Movies You Have Seen Lately?

pumpkin

You all think me an altra-liberal, but have you ever watched "Blazing Saddles" with a liberal that is about 12 years or so younger. Say someone who is about 30. In this example of, which I refer, a younger family member was watching it for the first time with Wicked1 and I. The girl just didn't get it. Even with wicked1 trying to explain to her it was satire, she still thought it offensive. "Blazing Saddles" is anything but offensive. If it offends anyone it should be the ignorant racists whom the whole show makes sport of.

I imagine that is how Murph looks at me when I say something I think quite reasonable. He thinks me a kook.

The Green Mile was on TV here a few weeks back... I love that movie made me cry like an idiot again... There are a few new ones out I'd like to see too... The new Terminator looks like it's gonna be a good ride... :-)

I found it surprising that Aston Kutcher can actually act in the movie Personal Effects. Already knew Michelle Pfeiffer and Kathy Bates could. Basically deals with bonds that can occur through those afflicted with personal tragedy which isn't real uplifting and there's the whole older woman younger man thing between Michelle and Kutcher which I understand some religious righters had issues with.

Knew Kutcher was the typical goof that women go ga ga over in most of his stuff but he never really impressed me much with actual acting ability.

My only disclaimer is that I've watched some really horrible movies of late so that in of itself might have made this movie better.

I rented the new Day The Earth Stood Still yesterday but didn't watch it. My fam did but I was playing guitar and on the computer:-"

You didn't miss Anything! The '50's original version is MUCH better! A Classic!

The new one has nice Visual Effects, but only brief refernces to the actual story. And Keanu's "Klaatu" was much more sinnister, less compassionate, than Michael's. Sign of the times, maybe...but certainly not as engaging, or sympathetic. Gort, the Robot, was too Video Game like, too. Jennifer Connelly is, of course, always great...and great looking. But, she didn't have much to work with, this time out. You were wise to have skipped it, and played your guitar...IMHO.

CB

Last week I watched "Friday The 13th" (the original one) and "Halloween" (1978), and the week before that I watched the ultra epic film "Scarface" (1983). The first two classic slashers are just amazing (Hey, cut me some slack, I'm only 21 years young), and "Scarface" is hands down one of my favorite films (along with Star Wars, The Matrix and Brokeback Mountain).

(Hmmm, good idea for films for this week would be either Almost Famous or Philadelphia, both great films)

One love stars

Last week I watched "Friday The 13th" (the original one) and "Halloween" (1978)' date=' and the week before that I watched the ultra epic film "Scarface" (1983). The first two classic slashers are just amazing (Hey, cut me some slack, I'm only 21 years young), and "Scarface" is hands down one of my favorite films (along with Star Wars, The Matrix and Brokeback Mountain).

(Hmmm, good idea for films for this week would be either Almost Famous or Philadelphia, both great films)

One love stars[/quote']

I forgot about Matrix... That has got to be one of my all time favorites... The more you watch it the better you understand whats going on.... You have to be very alert even during the opening credits...

Have any of you guys seen Cloverfield? That movie is way under rated.... Another of those movies the more you see it the more you understand. Again you have to be very attentive during the openning credits...

+1

I thought the idea of the viewer seeing the whole story unfolding like a home video was very fresh. I would definitively like to watch it again!

I rented the new Day The Earth Stood Still yesterday but didn't watch it. My fam did but I was playing guitar and on the computer:-"

Woof, what a pooch that movie was. You didn't miss much. Some cool fx but the story line was some how left out of this movie.

Original was far superior.

Archived