Gibson Brands Forums

Who's Drivin' The Boat?

Murph

"Driving the boat" would imply he has some control and is following a well-laid plan.

He ain't.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

But, beyond that.

He's not the boss.

At all......

This stuff goes way beyond Barry.

I am...muhahahha!

Well Captain Dem00n Sir. We have to ballast to Portside because we are listing to Starboard. The Bow is low in the water and the Stern is rising fast what shall we do sir?:-s I'll keep the band playing[-o<

Following a well-laid plan.

Hmmm.

You mean like invading Iraq to find some of those Niger-Uranium-enriched WMDs?

You mean like hiring thugs from Blackwater to do security detail at tremendous taxpayer expense?

Do you mean prisoner abuse at Guantanamo that pisses off the entire Muslim world?

Hmmm.

If so, I kinda like being adrift....

Just saying...

I can tell you who's driving the boat...

ACORN

SEIU

UAW

NARAL

ACLU

Algore

George Soros

Nancy Pelowsi

Dirty Harry Reed

The Federal Reserve

With these idiots driving the boat, it will turn in circles until it runs out of fuel or capsizes...But don't worry about anything, because we are about to have "FREE" healthcare.

80% of this forum' date=' which is full of liberals, even thinks that the big O isn't driving the boat. God help us! Then why do all the polls show the majority of the country is still in love with the sociali . . .um, I mean, guy.[/quote']

so far, 21 people have voted, and it just seems full of conservatives, look at the replies this thread's gotten, it resembles the silly Tea Bag Parties that didn't really go over that well. Any political poll this far into an Administartion is going to reflect the Political Zealot point of view, not the average voter. The average voter is busy cracking a beer over the freshly lit briquettes in his Weber grill, and he'll have no Idea who is on Obama's Cabinet, nor will he care.

If, by the next Presidential Election, he hasn't gotten us out of finacial trouble, he'll have a political fight on his hands. In the mean time, only the bitter loosers of the last election will be at all vocal about anything political. It's like talking about the Dodgers Two Weeks before the Super Bowl, it just won't spark the same interest it did Two Weeks before the All Star Break.

so far' date=' 21 people have voted, and it just seems full of conservatives, look at the replies this thread's gotten, it resembles the silly Tea Bag Parties that didn't really go over that well. Any political poll this far into an Administartion is going to reflect the Political Zealot point of view, not the average voter. The average voter is busy cracking a beer over the freshly lit briquettes in his Weber grill, and he'll have no Idea who is on Obama's Cabinet, nor will he care.

If, by the next Presidential Election, he hasn't gotten us out of finacial trouble, he'll have a political fight on his hands. In the mean time, only the bitter loosers of the last election will be at all vocal about anything political. It's like talking about the Dodgers Two Weeks before the Super Bowl, it just won't spark the same interest it did Two Weeks before the All Star Break.[/quote']

The tens of thousands of people that attended the tea parties might disagree with you...And I can extrapolate from your post, that everybody that complained about W for the last 8 years was just a bitter loser? On that we can agree!=P~

The tens of thousands of people that attended the tea parties might disagree with you...And I can extrapolate from your post' date=' that everybody that complained about W for the last 8 years was just a bitter loser? On that we can agree!=P~ [/quote']

No Bones about that. I lost and I was Bitter, that's where I got my insight. Point out everything W (or in your case, O) does wrong while he does it, then watch him Tap Dance with Sparklers come Election Year. The "Swing Voters" love a good Tap Dance, and they can't get enough of the Sparklers.

There is definitely a growing movement out there amongst the people. They are getting scared and tired of all the "America is bad" rhetoric that our current administration is spewing. Not to mention all the money that's being spent, and the definite road to socailism that we're now on.

I think that as the next few years go on, we'll see that movement grow. I just hope it's not too late to save our country from fading away.

The problem is that a great many people in our country have come to fear making decisions for themselves, and working for themselves. They are afraid to carve out the lives that they dream about. So, they voted in a man who says that it's not their fault that they are unhappy with their lives and unable to carve out something better for themselves.

I just hope that as they see this idea fail over the next four years, they'll have buyer's remorse and join the conservative movement.

so far' date=' 21 people have voted, and it just seems full of conservatives, look at the replies this thread's gotten, it resembles the silly Tea Bag Parties that didn't really go over that well. [/quote']

A quick google search turned up the following information, that I find interesting.

The estimates of the total number of protestors in the Tea Parties runs from 240,000 people on the low side to 660,000 on the high side, spread across 800 protests.

The protests took place on 4/15/09, over a month ago. Google shows only 315 news articles on the tea parties, and almost all of them negative reporting on the events.

This weekend, there was a protest in Fresno, CA. by gay marriage proponents. There were estimates of between several hundred protestors on the low side to about 3000 on the high side.

The event took place this weekend, and there are already 415 news articles on the event, almost all of them positive.

Seems weird to me...O:)

Archived