Gibson Brands Forums

Saudi extremism, Right Wing extremism, religious extremism - great.....

NeoConMan

If you consider the judges ideology based upon who appointed them' date=' you might be correct. But who appointed the justice doesn't seem to be the determining factor in which way they lean. Remember, GW Bush appoint Souter, who has consistently voted to the left of center. Based on the supreme's rulings many/most people seem to agree with the following:

Chief Justice

John Roberts - conservative

Associate Justices

Samuel Alito - conservative

Stephen Breyer - liberal

Ruth Bader Ginsburg - liberal

Anthony Kennedy - swing voter

Antonin Scalia - conservative

David Hackett Souter - liberal

John Paul Stevens - liberal

Clarence Thomas - conservative

Since the Supreme's ruled on Roe v. Wade in 1973, the only way to change the law is with another ruling, or a constitutional amendment.

[/quote']

First) the labels which you have so easily applied evidently don't matter to the republicans who nominated most of the above lists. Perhaps that because they had / have no intention of changing the current status quo

2nd) Roe V. Wade could be changed tomorrow without a constitutional amendment. Congress has the authority to pass laws. They could pass a law tomorrow that says abortion is illegal. Assuming a veto proof majority or a willing president that would be a legal and legit law. Those laws are by default considered constitutional. Yes, the Supreme court can and will eventually find those laws unconstitutional, but they will be valid law for the mean time.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wanna be the one to make the decision' date=' pull the plug, or even euthanize one not quite "up to spec?"

Will you take responsibility and face down all who would disagree with no reserve or regret?

This may even extend to Judgment Day at the Pearly Gates for all we know, so make sure you're sure......

This is where I leave my position out of it, my personal beliefs making me somewhat of a hypocrite if I get up on a soapbox and start barking thru a bullhorn - or out my *** like Homz.....

:-)

I paid for an abortion 25 years ago, for many complicated reasons.

I couldn't stop it, in the aftermath to avoid legal issues I threw $300 at the problem and it went away.

25 years later, I'm fooling no one - it NEVER goes away.

I don't like it AT ALL, but I refuse to stand on an outright 100% ban for libertarian reasons.

Morally, I've never been able to completely close one door or the other.

Anybody who says they can will have to convince me.

[/quote']

That is your personal view based on personal experience. I was just trying to get another point across (probably didn't succeed though) to get us away from judging in general. The question of abortion and saving prematurely born children must be answered carefully in each particular case by the individual, because it concerns the individual - not society! As I understand many abortion protesters claim their view through religious beliefs. That is in my view proposterous!

I understand many abortion protesters claim their view through religious beliefs. That is in my view proposterous!

That sort of sneering derision of Faith will have you burning in HELL for eternity in their view.

For you to so casually disregard your Final Judgment is in their view proposterous.

Who's right?

Oh yeah' date=' you're a school teacher so you [i']must[/i] be right, eh?

:-)

Go ahead and operate under that assumption.

My wife is a teacher as well, and can testify many of her coworkers share your "enlightened and learned" view.

Why, why, why, why is it that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't want to **** in the first place, huh? Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're ****ed.

Conservatives don't give a **** about you until you reach 'military age'. Then they think you are just fine. Just what they've been looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. Pro-life... pro-life... These people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors! What kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do anything they can to save a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it?They're not pro-life. You know what they are? They're anti-woman. Simple as it gets, anti-woman. They don't like them. They don't like women.They believe a woman's primary role is to function as a brood mare for the state.

Pro-life... You don't see many of these white anti-abortion women volunteering to have any black fetuses transplanted into their uteruses, do you? No, you don't see them adopting a whole lot of crack babies, do you? No, that might be something Christ would do. And, you won't see allot of these pro-life people dousing themselves in kerosene and lighting themselves on fire. You know, morally committed religious people in South Vietnam knew how to stage a goddamn demonstration, didn't they?! They knew how to put on a ****ing protest. Light yourself on FIRE!! C'mon, you moral crusaders, let's see a little smoke. To match that fire in your belly.

Here's another question I have: how come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? Are we so much better than chickens all of a sudden? When did this happen, that we passed chickens in goodness? Name six ways we're better than chickens... See, nobody can do it! You know why? 'Cuz chickens are decent people. You don't see chickens hanging around in drug gangs, do you? No, you don't see a chicken strapping some guy to a chair and hooking up his nuts to a car battery, do you? When's the last chicken you heard about came home from work and beat the **** out of his hen, huh? Doesn't happen. 'Cuz chickens are decent people.

But let's get back to this abortion ****. Now, is a fetus a human being? This seems to be the central question. Well, if a fetus is a human being, how come the census doesn't count them? If a fetus is a human being, how come when there's a miscarriage they don't have a funeral? If a fetus is a human being, how come people say 'we have two children and one on the way' instead of saying 'we have three children?' People say life begins at conception, I say life began about a billion years ago and it's a continuous process. Continuous, just keeps rolling along. Rolling, rolling, rolling along.

And say you know something? Listen, you can go back further than that. What about the carbon atoms? Hah? Human life could not exist without carbon. So is it just possible that maybe we shouldn't be burning all this coal? Just looking for a little consistency here in these anti-abortion arguments. See the really hardcore people will tell you life begins at fertilization. Fertilization, when the sperm fertilizes the egg. Which is usually a few moments after the man says 'Gee, honey, I was going to pull out but the phone rang and it startled me.' Fertilization.

But even after the egg is fertilized, it's still six or seven days before it reaches the uterus and pregnancy begins, and not every egg makes it that far. Eighty percent of a woman's fertilized eggs are rinsed and flushed out of her body once a month during those delightful few days she has. They wind up on sanitary napkins, and yet they are fertilized eggs. So basically what these anti-abortion people are telling us is that any woman who's had more than more than one period is a serial killer! Consistency. Consistency. Hey, hey, if they really want to get serious, what about all the sperm that are wasted when the state executes a condemned man, one of these pro-life guys who's watching cums in his pants, huh? Here's a guy standing over there with his jockey shorts full of little Vinnies and Debbies, and nobody's saying a word to the guy. Not every ejaculation deserves a name.

Now, speaking of consistency, Catholics, which I was until I reached the age of reason, Catholics and other Christians are against abortions, and they're against homosexuals. Well who has less abortions than homosexuals?! Leave these ****ing people alone, for Christ sakes! Here is an entire class of people guaranteed never to have an abortion! And the Catholics and Christians are just tossing them aside! You'd think they'd make natural allies. Go look for consistency in religion. And speaking of my friends the Catholics, when John Cardinal O'Connor of New York and some of these other Cardinals and Bishops have experienced their first pregnancies and their first labor pains and they've raised a couple of children on minimum wage, then I'll be glad to hear what they have to say about abortion. I'm sure it'll be interesting. Enlightening, too. But, in the meantime what they ought to be doing is telling these priests who took a vow of chastity to keep their hands off the altar boys! Keep your hands to yourself, Father! You know? When Jesus said 'Suffer the little children come unto me', that's not what he was talking about!

So you know what I tell these anti-abortion people? I say 'Hey. Hey. If you think a fetus is more important than a woman, try getting a fetus to wash the **** stains out of your underwear. For no pay and no pension.' I tell them 'Think of an abortion as term limits. That's all it is. Biological term limits.

The religious "right" are against abortion mainly as a way of keeping women under male domination. Medically and scientifically it's an accepted procedure' date=' not murder. [/quote']

Really? After 6 pages of discussion that little hand grenade is all you've got?](*,)

Really? After 6 pages of discussion that little hand grenade is all you've got?](* [/quote']

It was, at least, something new. Given the plight of women in the world not to much the stretch either. Perhaps stretch wasn't even the right word. How about a valid point.

As best as we know how...:)

My wife is against abortion' date=' she helped me to come around to her side...She'd kick both of our a$$es if she thought we were trying to subjugate her or any other women.:-k [/quote']

There are plenty of examples of strong women like you and I live with but the subjugation exists even here in America. Think of the polygamus sect. Those women have no say but say it's the way they want it. I don't believe that.

My wife worked with OB/GYNs who dealt with "problem" pregnancies so she knows very well why abortion has to be kept as an option in wonem's health. Sometimes it is, plain and simple, a very necessary thing. Women must retain control over their bodies and reproduction.

Conservatives don't give a sh!t about you until you reach 'military age'.

Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

I'm a conservative.

Explain to me exactly how you can make that asinine assumption about me.

Oh, and the rest of that impressive post?

I have NEVER seen such a stellar example of HATE and INTOLERANCE from a Liberal on this forum - Homz is a PU55Y....

I find it amazing that YOU GUYS are the worst offenders when it comes to individual rights.

All I've ever been able to figure is that you are aware of the core convictions of somebody like myself - I'm not gonna fold like a cheap-*** lawn chair when MY values are questioned - and you're certain we can "take it."

Indeed we can take it, but you still look like a colossal d!ck for posting such a diatribe.

I'm a conservative.

Oh' date=' and the rest of that impressive post?

I have NEVER seen such a stellar example of HATE and INTOLERANCE from a Liberal on this forum - Homz is a PU55Y....

[/quote']

How does being in favor of human rights make me a Pu55y? Seems like a cowardly cheep shot to me.

I'm a conservative.

Oh' date=' and the rest of that impressive post?

I find it amazing that YOU GUYS are the worst offenders when it comes to individual rights.

All I've ever been able to figure is that you are aware of the core convictions of somebody like myself - I'm not gonna fold like a cheap-*** lawn chair when MY values are questioned - and you're certain we can "take it."

Indeed we can take it, but you still look like a colossal d!ck for posting such a diatribe.

[/quote']

How can you make the assumption that i am a Liberal?

Just a question:

If life begins at conception what is the proper procedure when the zygote implants in the fallopian tube.

Pray tell. Super moralists.

Actually Homz that is an easy one. It's actually one case where bothe sides of the debate should in fact agree.

In this case if the zygote is left there then both lives are in danger. the zygote will surely perish, I am not sure if it will always survive long enough to pose a danger to the mother, but it certainly poses a giant risk of death. there is no option which will ensure the survival of the zygote, but removing it will definitely protect the health of the mother. This was a poor choice for a grey area.

Actually Homz that is an easy one. It's actually one case where bothe sides of the debate should in fact agree.

In this case if the zygote is left there then both lives are in danger. the zygote will surely perish' date=' I am not sure if it will always survive long enough to pose a danger to the mother, but it certainly poses a giant risk of death. there is no option which will ensure the survival of the zygote, but removing it will definitely protect the health of the mother. This was a poor choice for a grey area.

[/quote']

Lancelot Link Rocks!

Archived