Gibson Brands Forums

Swine Flu - Has it Affected You?

Mr. Robot

We have joined the club in Oz - We now officially have Swine Flu. It has dominated my life for the past week, because of the work I do.

Just wondering if any of you folk have been affected.

The media have gone beserk here, but I think we are just about through the worst of the panic stage here.

How is it in your country? Do you know anyone who has it?

I saw today in the news that it has now been reported in all 50 states. We had one death down here in South Texas. The CDC says that the same strain will be back in the flu season and we'll have to worry about more then, as it will be getting colder and more people will be indoors mingling together...

About the same as avian flu, everybody panic spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and then wait for the world to end. the flu season is coming back around though and the first waves are aleays smaller so who knows???

the bad thing about pandemics is it really isn't a matter of if it happens only when.

Here in Washington the media has reported one death cause by altercations of swine flu. The guy also happened to weigh 500 pounds and have heart condition! What a joke [-(

Swine flu is stupid and I will not get it. That's all there is to it.

Hasn't affected me at all other than the sign all over the work place about seeing your doctor if you have flu-like symptoms. But then, working in health care---flu-like symptoms no matter *what* the origin are cause for concern. We're pretty much treating swine flu like any other strain just "out of season."

one death' date=' the regular flu kills hundreds each year, has been doing so for ever[/quote']

Yep! Everyone gets so worked up over new strains that they seem to forget that the plain ol' "regular" flu kills hundreds each year! (And I will add that preventable diseases kill waaaay too many people each year).

It was extreme hysteria. A flu with mild symptoms but no "known" vaccination. The fact that there is no vaccination makes me think that the hysteria was fueled by big pharma, the folks who want to get all of us on their drugs. I work with the public and am exposed to just about everything which I think has strengthened my immune system. If I had been infected, the symptoms were so mild I didn't feel them. We have been told to be afraid by the "authorities" so many times ranging from terrorists to swine flu that when a real threat comes along we may just take the "little boy who cried wolf" attitude and ignore it.

Yep! Everyone gets so worked up over new strains that they seem to forget that the plain ol' "regular" flu kills hundreds each year! (And I will add that preventable diseases kill waaaay too many people each year).

Due in large part because of the media and how they want to sensationalize everything.

We have joined the club in Oz - We now officially have Swine Flu. It has dominated my life for the past week' date=' because of the work I do.

Just wondering if any of you folk have been affected.

The media have gone beserk here, but I think we are just about through the worst of the panic stage here.

How is it in your country? Do you know anyone who has it?

[/quote']

I don't know anyone that has or had it. I work in a correctional institution,around many germs,no one has it there either

What are the symptoms? I've had a fever for 3 days' date=' lower respiratory infection, coughing fits, and feel like I've been run over by a train.[/quote']

Sounds like the flu. Which also sounds like swine flu. Which also sounds like bird flu.

Drink some OJ. Have some chicken soup. Climb in bed. It'll probably go away in 7-10 days. =D>

Due in large part because of the media and how they want to sensationalize everything.

Sales of Tamiflu must have been lagging.

Biggest killer world-wide is diarrheal diseases. Guess there's just no money in poop.

Sorry to the folks in Oz. It's all our fault. For years people said we would elect a black president when pigs fly. Well, we elected Obama and now we have flying pigs (pig flu) - Ok so the pun is old and a groaner but I couldn't resist.

So swine flu is this year's "scare the hell out of the viewers" disease. Last year it was West Nile. Don't you realize the corporations control you through the media by using fear? There is one answer. TURN THE TV OFF AND LEAVE IT OFF.

Other than rented movies, I haven't watched TV since 1985 and my life is much better for it.

Instead of watching TV, I learned how to play wind synthesizer, learned how to write after-market styles for Band-in-a-Box and then learned how to be a businessman, read a number of good books with my wife, learned how to write web pages, traveled quite a bit, and am now learning lead guitar.

In other words, I'm living my life by doing things instead of living my life vicariously by watching actors pretending to do things.

Notes

Here in Washington the media has reported one death cause by altercations of swine flu. The guy also happened to weigh 500 pounds and have heart condition! What a joke [-(

Swine flu is stupid and I will not get it. That's all there is to it.

+1234567890

and then some more...

Archived