Gibson Brands Forums

Rap!?

heymisterk

What can I say? I just finished watching "Notorious". Know what I'm saying' date=' homies? Hell ya, bee-yatch! Fo' shizzle![/quote']

Sit your white a$$ down cracka before i put a cap in yo white a$$!

Back when my boys were still in hs they listened to Run DMC, Beastie Boys and Hammer, and although it was never my cuppa, at least back then the message wasn't gangsta Crap. Once the gangsta ethos got cred it's been all downhill and I've not heard any that I found appealing in any way. I'm sure there's some that's NOT gangsta but guess what gets all the airtime.

Like all music, there is some awesome rap, there's just some really bad stuff that's mainstream right now.

I like Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg (I feel his best raps were on The Chronic), Wu-Tang, KRS-One, and The D.O.C. but not much else.

Back in the '80s and early '90s I really liked some of it (Grandmaster Flash, Ice Tea, Ghetto Boys, Cypress Hill), though I've grown indifferent to the sameness of a lot of it nowadays.

I feel the same way about rock 'n' roll. I dug a lot of the '60s and '70s stuff, but since then a lot of it really leaves me cold.

Either I got too old, or the stuff got too homogenized, or both, or... ?

I hate all of the turntable driven, synthesized "Gangsta" rap that's infesting the radios. The only rap I can tolerate is in special exceptions, like Rage Against the Machine, Linkin Park, and early Papa Roach. I can listen to bands that have some rapping in them, but with some talented musicians playing some INSTRUMENTS along with the rapping.

As the English might politely say, its all a load of old cobblers.

I just cringe when I see the gansta rap - it is even more rediculous when it is some white guy trying to be black. In fact it is pathetic.

They can lean forward and point at me as much as they like - but obese little boys trying to pretend they are tough hoodlums by saying terrible things about women and the police is a joke.

If they came across a real gangster, most of these wimps would crap their pants.

And as for talent.............well I am not saying no rappers have talent. But if they do, they should prove it by producing something that requires it.

Any **** can stand in front of a camera and point at it yelling obscenities.

It reminds me of my cousin's definition of Disco - 12 guys in silver suits yelling "Get Down" 100 times.

The problem is, some of it is just so damn FUNK-y! I don't WANT to like it, but yeah, when I hear some of the Dr. Dre productions, I can't help but git jiggy with it. That said, I think I own about five rap CDs, and two of them are Beastie Boys, and I haven't downloaded a rap song since Fidy's "In Da Club".

As the English might politely say' date=' its all a load of old cobblers.

I just cringe when I see the gansta rap - it is even more rediculous when it is some white guy trying to be black. In fact it is pathetic.

They can lean forward and point at me as much as they like - but obese little boys trying to pretend they are tough hoodlums by saying terrible things about women and the police is a joke.

If they came across a real gangster, most of these wimps would crap their pants.

And as for talent.............well I am not saying no rappers have talent. But if they do, they should prove it by producing something that requires it.

Any **** can stand in front of a camera and point at it yelling obscenities.

It reminds me of my cousin's definition of Disco - 12 guys in silver suits yelling "Get Down" 100 times.[/quote']

+1 gazillion![-o<=D> =D>

The problem is' date=' some of it is just so damn FUNK-y! I don't WANT to like it, but yeah, when I hear some of the Dr. Dre productions, I can't help but git jiggy with it. That said, I think I own about five rap CDs, and two of them are Beastie Boys, and I haven't downloaded a rap song since Fidy's "In Da Club".[/quote']

Now I'm starting to understand where you are coming from...=D>[-o<

I hate it. I just don't understand what anybody sees in it. It seems to be more about image than music. No melody, foul language, the lyrics degrade women, it all sounds the same. The only time it's listenable is when a ripped off melody from another song is sampled.

I enjoy alot of older rap for the most part.

There is some good rap out there now but it is somewhat annoying to listen too.

Radio has alot to do with it's down fall, main stream rap gets over played till you get smart enough to turn off your radio.

I enjoy dancing alot to rap, I can "get low" and dance pretty good for a guy who's skin color would usally not be associated with that kind of dancing.

Archived