Gibson Brands Forums

Is this Les Paul genuine..?

bullet22

More pictures would help. Also, it could be just the camera angle, but it looks to me like the right page of the "open book" top of the headstock, dips just a little lower then the left page. And another thing is it looks like the stems on the left hand tuners are longer then the right side. Again it could just be the camera angle.

More pictures would help. Also' date=' it could be just the camera angle, but it looks to me like the right page of the "open book" top of the headstock, dips just a little lower then the left page. And another thing is it looks like the stems on the left hand tuners are longer then the right side. Again it could just be the camera angle.

[/quote']

good eye. maybe the camera, but based on that 1 pic, im calling it a fake

It's real. Mine's the same way, and Gibson verified the S.N. on mine. Kinda looks like overspray at the inlay, like mine. Although I did notice the decals a little askew, hmm...go over to custom subforum, and have admin run the number for ya, they did for me, mine checked out ok.

I would agree that both of those items seem suspicious. In addition' date=' I own an LP standard and it has a plain truss rod cover. [/quote']

I've seen Gibson Standards with "Standard" on the TRC. They did that a while ago. Epi Standards have that TRC too.

My LP Standard head stock looks the same.

I bought mine 12 years ago from a Gibson dealer' date=' so I'm going to assume mine is not fake.

Here is a photo:

[img']http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/maccraw/lp_headstk.jpg[/img]

Epinder, mine's an '07 Classic, and the logo's the same way on mine. I'm thinkin' the decal was misplaced, and it got by their Q.C., I've seen worse stuff get by them.

Is it a lefty ? Cuz I've never seen Les's name upside down before ?

That's funny, about a week ago I posted a photo of my left handed '57 RI Goldtop and Les is upside down on that one. Someone questioned that one too. :-k

And Tim A; good way to get the heart going on a Monday morning. O:)

Archived