Gibson Brands Forums

Holy Cow...Gibson's Hendrix Guitar...

b-squared

so, what's it supposed to look like when it's done?

Also... I hate to say it but Hendrix did play some Gibbies, but that definitely doesn't look anything like them. Looks much more like the guitars made by that "other" company. And didn't they recently release an "inspired by" recreation of his psychedelic painted Flying V with a vibrola? I think that was shown at NAMM in 2006. Personally, I'm not digging it.

I don't know what to think' date=' will Jimi fans buy it? will non-fans buy it simply for the design?[/quote'] I'm more curious as to what that weird bridge routing is about. If I was going to buy a Jimi Guitar shaped like that, sorry Gibson, but I would want it to have that F word on it. And reliced like it had been set on fire. Paging dweezil zappa...

I really liked the Hendrix V because of the artwork and detail they put into it. This looks interesting and okay, but I remember Jimi's guitar being different. He played one that looked like that, but I remember it being called a Fen...

I don't see what the big deal is with the Strats that Jimi used in the 60's. To my knowledge, he just bought completely off-the-shelf, stock, right-handed Fenders and strung them upside-down. In fact, you know those Fender Custom Shop '69 guitars you can get, even tho they are underhandedly attributed to Jimi himself, is a complete misnomer. For his Woodstock performance, I think he used a '68 stock Fender.

All Fender would have to do is to reissue the same exact Strat they sold in 1968, I think. Use the same windings for the pickups, neck radius and everything. Boom, there's your Jimi Strat.

And another thing, aren't there copyright protections on the body style of a Strat?

This may get me booted off the Forum pages for good but I can't let this rest.Frankly I'm appalled that Janie Hendrix stooped so low to cheapen the name and memory of Jimi.She hardly knew Jimi and through some incredible luck ended up having total control of his legacy.She was not his half sister as many think but a step sister who gets richer cashing in on his name and talent while his own flesh and blood get nothing.I thought Gibson would have more class and ethics than to get involved in such a blatent and vulgar money grab.To use another makers readily identifiable guitar shape so brazenly is contemptable.They could have at least used a Flying V or SG Custom and that would have left them with some credibility but this is just too much.I owe a lot to Jimi Hendrix,he has influenced my playing moreso than any other musician,not because I wanted or tried to play like him but it his music that showed me that to be a good musician your soul is more important than your hands.Maybe Janie and Gibson should take a deep look into their souls.

This may get me booted off the Forum pages for good but I can't let this rest.Frankly I'm appalled that Janie Hendrix stooped so low to cheapen the name and memory of Jimi.She hardly knew Jimi and through some incredible luck ended up having total control of his legacy.She was not his half sister as many think but a step sister who gets richer cashing in on his name and talent while his own flesh and blood get nothing.I thought Gibson would have more class and ethics than to get involved in such a blatent and vulgar money grab.To use another makers readily identifiable guitar shape so brazenly is contemptable.They could have at least used a Flying V or SG Custom and that would have left them with some credibility but this is just too much.I owe a lot to Jimi Hendrix' date='he has influenced my playing moreso than any other musician,not because I wanted or tried to play like him but it his music that showed me that to be a good musician your soul is more important than your hands.Maybe Janie and Gibson should take a deep look into their souls.[/quote']

+1000000000000000000 to the 30th power...Shame on Gibson, Henry J. and Janie Hendrix (does she even deserve that name?), especially given their propensity to sue other companies, to even come up with this POS. I like the fact that the box shows Jimi with a Fender. He is probably turning over in his grave.

well, pretty cool.

ill buy into it. strat body, reverse gibson firebird set in neck.

poss, single coils or single coil hbs.

maybe we should at least give it a shot till its finally done. we are due for a change in pace with new style guitars that may indeed change the course of music.

even though i like vintage music and instruments. well at least give it a shot.

+1000000000000000000 to the 30th power...Shame on Gibson' date=' Henry J. and Janie Hendrix (does she even deserve that name?), especially given their propensity to sue other companies, to even come up with this POS. I like the fact that the box shows Jimi with a Fender. He is probably turning over in his grave.

[/quote']

Anybody see the light yet? =D>

Groper

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bump/heist:

mclmk8d, how do yo like your, Reinhardt?

Anybody see the light yet? :D

Groper

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bump/heist:

mclmk8d' date=' how do yo like your, Reinhardt?

[/quote']

I'm still dialing it in, first comes the Paul Ruby TW Rocket clone(just got new Saratov tubes for it), then Carol-Ann...the Reinhardt is a Fat Albert 50 watter..based on Page's Hiwatt tones at the Royal Albert Hall concerts...it's got 2 Hiwatt trannies.

Archived