Gibson Brands Forums

Chicago doesn't get Olympics

Silenced Fred

Personally, as someone who lives in the Chicagoland area, I think it is for the best that we didn't get it

Plans were outrageous and costs would surely outweigh the benefit

Sure it would have been cool, but at what cost?

What does everyone else think about it? =P~

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with Fred much more strongly than he can imagine - and I'm in Arizona.

The Olympics have become worse than the Untied Nations.

Maybe we could send the f-ing UN to Brazil as well...

:-s

Thank you

Nobody has an idea how much crap I got in my high school when I found out we didn't get because I was honestly relieved

In the short run, sure it would be cool, but in the long run, we would have to pay for it, and with what?

Nobody wants to accept that, and it is kind've disappointing.......

I have to say I am pretty mature past my age, and it is both a blessing and a curse

I really enjoy the olympics!

Boxing and football are two of my favourite sports! (The new documentary Tyson is highly recommended!) ](*,)

The way they play football so effortlessly (the Brazilians) is a joy to watch. As an England football supporter they should be enemies the amount of times they have beaten us; but they are so graceful and almost musical, the way they play, I can't help but love them.

I am pleased for them, but yes it is going to be expensive for Rio!

Matt

I also love the way they have a statue of Christ the Redeemer and not the suffering Christ. I think that speaks volumes of their nature.

283px-Cristo_Redentor_Rio_de_Janeir.jpg

one of the cooler statues I've seen.

My city (its a freakin tiny one) has one of only two life sized statues og george washington standing up the rest have him on a horse.

one of the cooler statues I've seen.

My city (its a freakin tiny one) has one of only two life sized statues og george washington standing up the rest have him on a horse.

I would love to see a picture as I love statues.

Matt

I really enjoy the olympics!

Boxing and football are two of my favourite sports! (The new documentary Tyson is highly recommended!) #-o

The way they play football so effortlessly (the Brazilians) is a joy to watch. As an England football supporter they should be enemies the amount of times they have beaten us; but they are so graceful and almost musical' date=' the way they play, I can't help but love them.

I am pleased for them, but yes it is going to be expensive for Rio!

Matt

[/quote']

I also enjoy the Olympics, but right now, I don't think that it would be in the best interest of Chicago, let alone the US to host the Olympics

I think it would be really cool, but working up to the point of the Olympics, would be a total pain in the a$$

the 2008 olympics kicked ***....

I couldnt get enough of em.

I saw every one of phelps wins.

I'm an olympics junkie.

But can you say, honestly, that it would be in the best interest of a country with economic problems, to go out and spend a ton of money rebuilding and accomodating for an event that will happen once?

The "Olympic Village" they were gonna build, what was gonna happen to it?

The billions of dollars spent would be for nought, most would be gained back, but why?

Just saying, I like the Olympics too, but I don't think it would be right in Chicago

But can you say' date=' honestly, that it would be in the best interest of a country with economic problems, to go out and spend a ton of money rebuilding and accomodating for an event that will happen once?o

[/quote']

oh hell no it's not prctical at all....

buut it would be cool

Archived