Gibson Brands Forums

I'm having a complete lack of insperation.

The Mick

After almost two years of not being in a band for the first time in 25 years. I just can't find any inspiration to even pick up my guitars very often anymore. I hope it passes but for the first time my mind seems to realize I don't have to write anything and is than procrastinating about playing at all. I'm starting to worry a little. :D

After almost two years of not being in a band for the first time in 25 years. I just can't find any inspiration to even pick up my guitars very often anymore. I hope it passes but for the first time my mind seems to realize I don't have to write anything and is than procrastinating about playing at all. I'm starting to worry a little. :D

So...do you want someone else to take care of your gibson? :D

Hang in there Mick' date=' that happens, and then it goes away and you are back to just wanting to play them all day.

In the meantime, I'm with dem00n, maybe you'll need someont to look up for your gibby :D[/quote']

Do something small like, change the tuners or something.

AXE®, you crack me up!! Went to the Sabres opening game last night and they lost, plus the Bills got crushed today. So I'm not feeling great these days either. To The Mick, hang in there. I know it's tough. I may not be a professional musician but I know a bit about inspiration. My job is all about research. As the 'ole saying goes it's "one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration." As corny as it sounds, it's actually quite accurate. Every research paper I've written is about two years worth of hard work. It'll come to you. Just keep playing, at least until the oil is gone!!

Mick...

Get the hollowbody.

Then start playing 50s pop. <grin>

Or something else. When I was 20s and early 30s I always was in a band or looking to be in one between somebody or me moving.

A different kinda guitar, then figuring how to do maybe a solo gig just for friends may be the ticket to looking at playing in a new way. Like, lissen to Clapton doing solo acoustic at our (hiz and mine) age today and compare that to the electric stuff of 40 years ago. Heck, I think he's better now and I think I am too.

Besides, the guitar is cheaper than booze and a good practice session gets the same or better effect without a hangover.

Oh - and I just got done doing a benefit deal and it's a ball and requires a lot less hassle solo than messin' with a band.

m

Tell ya what Mick. Buy yourself a few seasons of your favorite show, a few good movies, a dump load of microwave popcorn, and a nice Lazy Boy Recliner. Pop open a few Beers, and Vegitate. After a few days of living like the rest of the free world, you'll be starving for a little guitar playin'.

FTR, I had/have the same problem. I have a Gibson LP Standard, but was not playing that much. I've been working in corporate America for about 9 years now, and have lost all inspiration and willpower to do anything except eat crap and watch TV after they've overworked me. I'm not even going to the gym as I should. And the problem is every day I lose just a little bit more of myself.

But recently, I decided to get into the blues a bit. And since I'm already into punk, I thought the E-339 would be a good investment for both of those styles. It worked a bit... I'm no longer plateau-ing like I had in the past. Just don't expext a miracle. It takes work to get out of a funk like that.

Mick, pull yourself out of it... I would give anything to be able play the way you do after 25 years of being in bands. A good friend of mine who is a great player once told me to stick with it, that the guitar was the only thing that got him threw some very tough times... Just think of it as getting back together with an old friend.

Archived