Gibson Brands Forums

Fake Gibson Les Paul Custom?

GusSG916

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm....ok....so why is it such a big deal that this guy has a fake? Even if he is playing it off to be real? (I have no idea if its fake or not mind you...)

It shouldn't affect your life or well being at all...just let it go man...there are more important things in this world to get fired up about.

As far as I can see its a fake (a good one by looking, of course not the Pickup inlinement), no Gibson guitars what soo ever came without "serialnumber" and "Made in USA" stamped on the headstock, I have a lot of Gibson guitars, old and new ones same way on all models.

The bindning between neck and the head look like original but thats of course easy to copy. What about the trussrod adjustment nut? What´s the brand of turners? The binding on the headstock consist of lines, how many? Are the loggo ant freetboard block in Mother of pearl or does it looks plastic?

If you look at the binding along the neck, Gibson normally hav a part of the freets painted as well.

And Custom Shop guitars came with COA and a quality Hard Case, no one buy a guitar for 6000 USD without checking it up first. Sorry to say, I think he´s just not telling u the truth.

Look at this link:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Les-Paul-Custom.aspx

compare the angle of the Gibson Loggo as well...

// Urban

IT IS REAL!

It is a mid-'70s, Norlin-era LP Custom which is why it looks the way it does!

Once upon a time,

The serial #/"Made In USA" was applied to these LPs the SAME way as the LP script on the front of the HS, by silkscreen OVER the clear coat, which is why you don't see them on these particular models that often, as they CAN often be "erased" due to cleaning/polishing/refinishing.

If you look at MANY of the '50s LPs you WILL see some of them w/out the LP script and/or a serial # due to the same thing.

And as far as the fret-ends NOT having binding over them? MANY LPs of this era, either A.) were not made that way, or B.) have had new frets installed on them, which after 30+ years is kind of understandable. You'll also notice this on MANY vintage (pre-Norlin) LPs as well.

THE END!

As far as I can see its a fake (a good one by looking' date=' of course not the Pickup inlinement), no Gibson guitars what soo ever came without "serialnumber" and "Made in USA" stamped on the headstock, I have a lot of Gibson guitars, old and new ones same way on all models.

The bindning between neck and the head look like original but thats of course easy to copy. What about the trussrod adjustment nut? What´s the brand of turners? The binding on the headstock consist of lines, how many? Are the loggo ant freetboard block in Mother of pearl or does it looks plastic?

If you look at the binding along the neck, Gibson normally hav a part of the freets painted as well.

And Custom Shop guitars came with COA and a quality Hard Case, no one buy a guitar for 6000 USD without checking it up first. Sorry to say, I think he´s just not telling u the truth.

Look at this link:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Les-Paul-Custom.aspx

compare the angle of the Gibson Loggo as well...

// Urban[/quote']Your comparing a NORLIN-era Custom to a MODERN/NEW Custom?=P~#-o[-X

I'm not even going to dignify that with an explination![-(

And BTW? The fret ends are BOUND not "painted". I'm just saying.:-k

Ok here it goes...

I recently talked to The Homz himself... he said everything was alright, he's back from his hollow earth expedition, shared some time with some caribous (by the way what's the plural of caribou... cariby? WTF:-")

HOMZ!

...HOMZ?

Now this thread will meet it's well deserved end:-"

Archived