Gibson Brands Forums

Warning to hard core rockers/metal heads - This ain't for U

djroge1

I just made a 1/2 way decent recording of the Ceriatone OTS I built.

I bought a Lexicon Alpha inteface and recorded this using their supplied software Cubase LE4 and paired it up with a point & shoot camera/video.

The only effect I used was a Digitech Hardwire RV-7 reverb set on "plate."

Home made strat: stew mac body & neck. middle pup from a 72 strat, neck pup from a 25th silver anniversary strat and a seymour Lil 59 in the bridge.

The backing track was one I downloaded from the web, so it's not original. Although I did make up the melody line (no clue what the original was/is) and the solo's are improvised.

Oh and I've discovered that this amp will sustain for days... I'm just sayin'

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Very tasty.

But I was hoping for some sweep arpegios' date=' two hand tapping, whammy dive bombs and pinch harmonics [bored

Pinch harmonics... I'm there. It could have easily been incorporated and still fit... uhh ok I would have to use a pick which I normally do.

Whammy dive bomb.... hmmmm I broke the bar last time I was doing that and I've not replaced it.

2 hand tapping - I wish I could play that way; I've tried but I've never mastered it.

Sweep arpegios - again it's something I started learning once because it has it's place in my head when used in moderation. I just never followed thru learning them.

Don't worry, Dem00n most of us think you already are weird - [confused]

Thanks for listening and I'm glad many of you actually liked it.

Archived