Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone here like Heaven & Hell?

dem00n

I tought you were talking about the album' date=' which is a classic on my book.

I have not heard the new album, I have to check it out, T. Iommi just does not seem to runa out of creative ideas.[/quote']

I was expecting to get the confusing with the band and the album. :-s

Yup Iommi is going to be just like les paul wont stop playing intill hes dead.

Its basicly Black Sabbath with a new name... i got their ablum "The Devil you know". Its pretty damn good!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTxMMXzO8jU[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah' date=' it's a good [i']ablum[/i]--and while it is basicly Black Sabbath with a new name, I've always preferred the Ozzy years, and although Dio was fairly good with them, I think he really came into his own with his solo career.

When I was a teenage stoner I loved all the imagery in Dio's lyrics. As I started getting older all the dragons, demons (not dem00ns) and rainbows seemed a little corny.

But, he does sing it with conviction and for the few awsome minutes that the songs play, he makes you believe he believes.

Listen... hear... you snotty nose kid.

While you weren't even the gleam in your father's eye, I was at the original Heaven and Hell tour. Been there, done that. Got the tour program too. Nothing will replace that album as one of the all time great heavy hitters when it comes to Black Sabbath.

The Mob Rules was another one, and yes, I saw that tour too.

Respect the classics man. Respect the classics.

I'm a huge ''Heaven & Hell / Black Sabbath with Dio / Dio on his own'' fan. Although Dio did amazingly great solo albums on his own, I was really excited to see them back together and I also had the happiness (yes, that's the word) to see them perform live a couple of years ago in Athens. They blew me away...

Iommy is one of the major reasons I play the guitar. Dio is the best singer IMHO in the whole hard rock/ heavy metal genre.

As far as the new album is concerned, it's not a 10, but is pretty damn good.

''The bible black''

''Double the pain''

''Eating the cannibals''

are songs that could be part of any classic Black Sabbath album.

HUGE RESPECT!

Archived