Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton And Aerosmith to Form ‘Supergroup’?

dem00n

I think it would be awful' date=' and I love almost everything Page has done except for maybe "Come With Me" feat. P Diddy. I also wanted to add that supergroups are often not about making intelligent and beautiful music, but rater do it for the almighty buck. [/quote']

I agree for the most part. Cream, Traveling Wilberrys, and Crosby, Stills, and Nash were for the music.

Asia, Damn Yankees, and that POS of Page and Coverdell were obviously just for the money.

Apparently its all tosh and a misunderstanding[confused]

posted on the Led Zepplin news site

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Yesterday's LedZeppelinNews.com post relating to a possible project with Jimmy Page was unfounded, the result of a misinterpretation. Kevin Shirley has clarified that the list of guitarists he has recorded -- Page, Clapton, Perry, Whitford, the three amigos of Iron Maiden, and all the rest -- is a record of his lifetime achievement, not a list of people he has had in the studio recently, especially not together (imagine that many guitarists plugged in, outside of a jam at a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony).

nquote

So we can all rest easy............... .and speculate about something else !! :)

Good Lord!! I'm betting it's a rumor, but let's get a few things straight here.

Aerosmith is an A List Band. They play Hard Rock, even after Permanent Vacation. Just 'cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's not Hard Rock.

Clapton is not a "Note Perfect" Guitarist and he could work with Page quite easily since they share many of the same Influences and even worked with with some of the same musicians, if not at the same time.

Good Lord!! I'm betting it's a rumor' date=' but let's get a few things straight here.

Aerosmith is an A List Band. They play Hard Rock, even after Permanent Vacation. Just 'cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's not Hard Rock.

Clapton is not a "Note Perfect" Guitarist and he could work with Page quite easily since they share many of the same Influences and even worked with with some of the same musicians, if not at the same time.[/quote']

I wasn't saying that Permanent Vacation was bad...I liked that one. It's just that it was a lot poppier than their previous albums, IMO.

Second, since when does B-list mean bad? B-list has never meant bad. From where I'm coming, B-list just means not as immediately recognizable as what I would consider A-list. You know? It's the difference between bands like The Rolling Stones and AC/DC and bands like April Wine and (IMO) Aerosmith. See what I mean? Those are all bands that I love--in fact, the two so-called B-list bands that I named are two of my favorites. I just don't believe that Aerosmith's discography is recognizable enough to the common lay-person to be considered A-list.

Come on guys. I know that I was a jerk before in this thread, and you've all picked on me well enough.

Now...

LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE ABOUT IT!

On this last tour ZZ Top opened for Aerosmith. ZZ Top would not open for a B-list band.

Pop and Hard Rock are not Mutually Exclusive.

OK' date=' you're right. Pop and Hard Rock aren't mutually exclusive.

Is what I said really all that bad? I mean come on guys.

I've never seen this group get so fervently angry over one person's opinion.

If you don't stop, I'm just going to piss off and leave.

Not that it would matter to anyone. After all, I'm just a huge idiot jerk off with huge problems who (and here's the kicker) called Aerosmith a b-list band.

Come on. It's not even so bad.

And thank you for correcting me on principle, FirstMeasure. You're perfect. You're all perfect. I'm the only one who's ever said or done anything stupid.

Freaking bullscat. Can't believe this place.

And no, I'm not just expecting this thread to die. I want [i']someone[/i] to get his or her head out of his or her own *** and just say that they'll let go of it. Anyone? Anyone want to represent the angry mob and say they won't bug me about it anymore?

And I want it written out, too. This'll be my breaking point, otherwise. I'll just up and leave.

Again, not that anyone would really care if I did.

OK' date=' you're right. Pop and Hard Rock aren't mutually exclusive.

Is what I said really all that bad? I mean come on guys.

I've never seen this group get so fervently angry over one person's opinion.

If you don't stop, I'm just going to piss off and leave.

Not that it would matter to anyone. After all, I'm just a huge idiot jerk off with huge problems who (and here's the kicker) called Aerosmith a b-list band.

Come on. It's not even so bad.

And thank you for correcting me on principle, FirstMeasure. You're perfect. You're all perfect. I'm the only one who's ever said or done anything stupid.

Freaking bullscat. Can't believe this place.

And no, I'm not just expecting this thread to die. I want [i']someone[/i] to get his or her head out of his or her own *** and just say that they'll let go of it. Anyone? Anyone want to represent the angry mob and say they won't bug me about it anymore?

And I want it written out, too. This'll be my breaking point, otherwise. I'll just up and leave.

Again, not that anyone would really care if I did.

See? I told you Aerosmith was Hard Rock.

... I also wanted to add that supergroups are often not about making intelligent and beautiful music' date=' but rater do it for the almighty buck. [/quote']

One exception might be the Traveling Wilburys... Super Group of players and singers.

Any other exceptions out there? (have already been super groups, not what "would be" super groups if certain individuals got together, that would be another thread... and probably done before)

clarification on super group for the question above - those artists that do not normally play together as a band, but as solo artists or belonging to another band - that form a super group or band, using the Traveling Wilburys as an example.

LOL!....Well' date=' none of them need MONEY...and I really can't imagine that grouping, at all...

UNLESS, it was a one time thing, for a charity event? I suppose, anything's possible, but

I just don't see it happening, really...

CB[/quote']

Anything is possible is correct. I never thought Eric C would ever join John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band, but he did in Canada. Watching his facial expressions was priceless when Eric looked at John when Yoko (just hurts to type that name) started her wailing and screaming. Where was the black bag she used before?...When Clapton joined John the first time with Lennon's Dirty Mac ~ Stones Rock n Roll Circus.

Anything is possible is correct. I never thought Eric C would ever join John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band' date=' but he did in Canada. Watching his facial expressions was priceless when Eric looked at John when Yoko (just hurts to type that name) started her wailing and screaming. Where was the black bag she used before?...When Clapton joined John the first time with Lennon's Dirty Mac ~ Stones Rock n Roll Circus.

[/quote']

Well, EC had a "Beatles" connection, from the "White Album" on...and was good friends with them,

especially George. So, that didn't surprise me, really. I agree, though (LOL), that his expression(s)

regarding Yoko's "antics," at LPiT was priceless!

CB

Well' date=' EC had a "Beatles" connection, from the "White Album" on...and was good friends with them,

especially George. So, that didn't surprise me, really. I agree, though (LOL), that his expression(s)

regarding Yoko's "antics," at LPiT was priceless!

CB[/quote']

True True sir. That connection was George (and Patti...LOL) especially in the beginning. I loved how Eric was worried what the others would say and George said to heck with them, it's my song. He definitely made an impression for sure - that guitar did weep. Know any other EC tidbits w/ the Beatles?

Archived