Gibson Brands Forums

Might be off Topic.....

Sinner 13

But whats the deal with Monster cables?

My other guitarist uses them and seems to have nothing but trouble.

I use mid range cables (I never pay more than 15 bux)

And I JUST canabilized A cable I have been using for 15 yrs, that was a cheapo from the local music store that had the store info printed on it.

So do monster cables just suck in general?

I use planet waves cables only... from the cheapest (thin and with chrome plugs) to the "more expensive" ones (thicker cable, gold plugs), havent tried the "circuit breaker" cables cause i dont find a use for the circuit breaker.

I used some monster cables a while back (6 to 8 years ago) and they didnt give me any problem (almost), BUT, i think they are highly overpriced, planet waves cables have the same sound quality and reliability as monsters are supposed to have, but cost les than half.

I also have lots of cables made by me in my studio (they get a lot of use and abuse) and they serve their purpose well, at less than $5 a cable.

I would say, based on price/quality/features, monster cables do suck.

monster cables always worked great for me. i do know that the cables have a lifetime warrantee, so if you have a problem i think you can take them to your guitar dealer or where you got them from and get them replaced. thats what my guitar dealer told me...

I use planet waves cables only... from the cheapest (thin and with chrome plugs) to the "more expensive" ones (thicker cable' date=' gold plugs), havent tried the "circuit breaker" cables cause i dont find a use for the circuit breaker.

[/quote']

I use the premium Planet Waves cables and the circuit breakers. My band plays covers which can require many guitar changes in a night depending who put together that night's set list! Since we don't have a soundman to ride the mute buttons fo us the circuit breakers are a godsend. Quick, easy and reliable.

I'm one of those guys who will spend thousands on a guitar or amp, but I ain't paying $10 a foot for a cable.

I take care of mine, so even mid-priced ones last a long time for me.

I know, I know, they're worth every penny, etc......

I just can't make myself do it.

Anybody use George L cables?

I know some guys who swear by them, I like that they can be disassembled for repair.

Thinking about buying the kit they sell and making ALL my cables the exact length I need.

Lotsa $$$$ there too...

I like Mogami and Monster and actually have been playing with one of the magnetics snap jacks I got from a friend in the practice room won't use it live yet but actually seems to work well I also am pretty careful with cables and it's been years since Ive bought any so sticker shock will be severe if I end up needing anything

Monster and Bose the two biggest ripoffs in the audio industry.

All your paying for is pretty packaging and advertising. If you ask 10 people what the best cables they have heard 9 will say Monster. Why?

because the store guy told them so. Why do the stores sell them? Quality? NO. Markup. Bose and Monster

are very profitable because of perception.

I have a more than a little experence on this subject

I have both product avaliable to me wholesale and refuse to sell it

Sorry for the rant I just dont like to see good people spend good money on average products

Mark

I had a bad experience with monster cables a while ago. Planet waves all the way. Never had a problem.

Had a problem with a Planet Waves cable once; the distributor replaced it for free. They have a lifetime guarantee!

Archived