Gibson Brands Forums

I really REALLY hate listening to black sabbath............

myspace.com/jessenoah

I have one album and a jumble of other songs by them, the album was fun for a little while but now I rarely listen to it. I do prefer the Randy Rhodes Paranoid, and like Voodoo also.

P.S.

Rocky, whats the going rate for your signature?

I have about 10 of their records, I actually went on a Sabbath spree not long ago where I listened to all the albums for a week.

There is a lot of great riffs and tones and not all songs are actually heavy.

I have been building a Fuzz pedal ever since then but I have had other projects that took priority.

I remember seeing this on In Concert when I was about 14 or 15. The clip was burned into my memory for years. I never bought the Mob Rules album that contained the song, or heard it on the radio, but the song ran through my head forever. I was already a Sabbath fan, owning the War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath albums, but this song will always be a favorite. Along with....

War Pigs

Snowblind

Into The Void

Hole In The Sky

Hand Of Doom

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhShx7J1gLw[/YOUTUBE]

My Band does Sweet Leaf and it never fails to get a great reaction. Bar Bands seldom play it cause it's one of those song guitarists learn on, so they just leave it in the bedroom with their Gorilla Amp and Mako Explorer.

If you wanna see the folks sittin' at the bar and playin' pool get out in front for a song, pull out a Classic Sabbath like NIB, Sweet Leaf, or War Pigs.

Never cared for them.

Some of the songs are decent, I like some of the guitar work, but it was just too plodding and heavy for me.

Later with Dio there were a few songs I liked - Mob Rules for instance.

Nevertheless, I'll give them a tip o' the hat for being the trailblazers they were.

I remember seeing this on In Concert when I was about 14 or 15. The clip was burned into my memory for years. I never bought the Mob Rules album that contained the song' date=' or heard it on the radio, but the song ran through my head forever. I was already a Sabbath fan, owning the War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath albums, but this song will always be a favorite. Along with....

War Pigs

Snowblind

Into The Void

Hole In The Sky

Hand Of Doom

[YOUTUBE']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhShx7J1gLw[/YOUTUBE]

At ~3:45, Tony Iommi goes into a boogie-woogie riff out of nowhere. Ozzy looks kinda like Meatloaf too. Great stuff!

At ~3:45' date=' Tony Iommi goes into a boogie-woogie riff out of nowhere. Ozzy looks kinda like Meatloaf too. Great stuff![/quote']

Yep, Mammy's little baby loves Shorting Bread. That's a move you'd expect out of Little Feat, seems kinda funny coming from Black Sabbath.

I never bought the Mob Rules album that contained the song' date=' or heard it on the radio, [/quote']

Never Say Die is from the Never Say Die! album. Mob Rules is a later album featuring Dio.

The album Never Say Die! and Technical Ectasy are Sabbath's most experimental, I get a kick out of listening to those albums because 99% of people would never guess some of those songs are Sabbath, like the songs that Bill Ward the drummer sings for instance.

Many people do not really stray from the most known Black Sabbath songs, there are a ton of great songs in the first 8 albums that actually are not that heavy.

Archived