Gibson Brands Forums

Any pun lovers on the forum...yes pun :)

Duende

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love puns' date=' but it doesn't seem like many others do. I'm still working up the courage to ask my Roman Catholic boss:

"Is it true that if the priest forgets the liturgy, you have Mass confusion?"[/quote']

I recently heard it had been determined that neurons have mass. I had no idea they were Catholic.

We were out in the yard raking leaves when the phone rang.. My son went to get the phone but missed it. He came out and said there's no message and the Caller ID registered "Private Caller".. I said if it was important "General Mills" would have called and left a message.. [biggrin] [biggrin]

That Major Pain is looking for Corporal Punishment.

A pun, or paronomasia, is a form of word play that deliberately exploits ambiguity between similar-sounding words for humorous or rhetorical effect.[1] Such ambiguity may arise from the intentional misuse of homophonical, homographical, homonymic, polysemic, metonymic[citation needed], or metaphorical[citation needed] language.

By definition, puns must be deliberate; an involuntary substitution of similar words is called a malapropism.

A pun' date=' or paronomasia, is a form of word play that deliberately exploits ambiguity between similar-sounding words for humorous or rhetorical effect.[1'] Such ambiguity may arise from the intentional misuse of homophonical, homographical, homonymic, polysemic, metonymic[citation needed], or metaphorical[citation needed] language.

By definition, puns must be deliberate; an involuntary substitution of similar words is called a malapropism.

Go away Rocky. [biggrin] My head hurts. [biggrin]

Sidney wanted to know where the sun went after it set. He went around asking everyone he knew, but they didn't know either. Pretty soon he had the whole of his school's science department trying to figure it out. They puzzled over it for a long time but they couldn't come up with an answer.

In fact, they sat up all night thinking about it until finally it dawned on them.

Archived