Gibson Brands Forums

Some new riffs...

Twiz

I'm going to be jamming with a drummer on a new project coming up pretty soon. -Probably once all the craziness from Christmas and New Years dies down. I'm pretty hyped about it. I've got a handful of riffs to work with (some of which are below). Hopefully I can get this new thing off the ground. Sorry for the miscellaneous noise at the beginning. [biggrin]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Hey thanks man. I don't know when I'm going to get to record. I guess I gotta finish writing new $h!t first...haha.

As for the tone, it's just a Boss DS-1 (all knobs at 12:00) plugged into my Valve Jr.

Nice riffs Twizz///...and a great tone. You've got a lot of potential stuff in your hands there! Christopher, If I may, I would build some breaks in there with different tempi, slow down the piece for a moment to speed up the tempo back later...Just a small advice but anyway, great riffs!!!

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

I like it! Very NWOBHM.

NWOBHM is my absolute favorite metal. IMHO that's metal's golden age.

...As a VM Studio owner' date=' though, I'm conflicted because I thought the conventional wisdom was that the 5k+ LPs sounded so much better...

[/quote']

Yeah, a friend of mine got me my LP Special for $300 from a guy on Craigslist. I love that guitar. My dream Les Paul is a Silver Burst LP Custom. *sigh* Someday...

...Do you have your mids turned all the way down?

Nope' date=' I have the volume knob on my Valve Jr at about 8:00 (I have to keep it kinda quiet in my house) and I'm using a Boss DS-1 with the knobs all at 12:00. My crappy digital camera microphone seems to pick up a little more bass, but in real life, the tone I'm getting with those settings is similar to an AC/DC type distortion. There was a thread on here about big tone from small amps. I'm a believer now.

Sounds pretty sweet. I had to scroll down the page because the sideways camera angle was getting me ill. :-k

Haha. Sorry. I should have turned the camera the other way. -The photographer in me figured I could just rotate the movie later and make it vertical. Doh! [blush]

...If I may' date=' I would build some breaks in there with different tempi, slow down the piece for a moment to speed up the tempo back later.

[/quote']

My thoughts exactly! Those riffs are kind of the rough sketch of the song. I plan on adding something else to make some parts pretty, and make the heavy parts heavy.

...Where can I get some of those rubber fingers?

Lol. I guess they are kinda weird.

Archived