Gibson Brands Forums

Real Les Paul Standard?

ttnymusic

You know' date=' I'm getting really tired of all these knockoffs. I think governments should enforce laws more. Mind you how much it would cost to do so. Geez !!! (not allowed to swear lol)[/quote']

Who's government? The United States can't enforce our law in China.

get a picture of the back of the headstock.

Sorry to contradict tbonesullivan's well meant advice but don't waste any more of your time.

It's a fake.

Anyone else out there who's not sure if the thing is legit should really check out the sticky on fakes. All the info you'll need is there.

I don't get how ANYONE can NOT tell the difference between a real Gibson and an obvious fake! Even if you've only seen one in a pic, it's still pretty obvious.

I'm not trying to be an a$$hole, but it doesn't take an expert to see what kinds of POS these things are. Bottom line: If it looks like crap, it's NOT a Gibson!

Hey CS, I think I just came up with the new company slogan![biggrin]

You think in USA you have a problem? You should see how Mexican market is flooded with fakes, and everybody know they're fakes and still they pay around $800 for each "Supreme" they sell. I'm sick of this knockoffs, I'm always buying Gibsons here, but the amount of fakes for sale is just amazing, now I'm trying to buy from USA sellers only.

Too bad for people who really like the original Gibsons, now everykid that can pay $800 feel they're playing a real Gibson and they feel like they were rockstars. Too bad.

Also, this problem is because of the new Gibsons here, lets say Studios are sold for $1900 in Mexico.

Indeed..It amazes me..that not only people buy Gibson made in China(Come on..!)

But there are websites..and about 50 % of very low feedback sellers on E-bay...Or ANY ANY GUITAR COMING FROM HONG KONG..IS GARANTUEED A FAKE..I Lived IN Hong Kong for 1 year..And I Know.;that..

And this is very worrying..the fakes are getting better and better..But still FAKE.

Contact the website contact the police...

STOP THE CHINESE INVASION NOW

.;A day will come that they will make them almost as well..but DO NOT BUY

If you want to buy a new standard..you are not gonne get it new for less the 1200 euro minimum

Also..I highly reccomend this E-bay shop.;Why?

Because their prices Are the lowest I v seen..Their service is excellent..and!!!New EUROPE RULE

IF YOU BUY A GUITAR In The Shop..By Internet

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SEND IT BACK WITHIN 30 DAYS..And YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO GIVE A REASON!

FULL REFUND..including postage..Ask me..if you want..They sold me A custom silverburst ..PERFECT!!!

PRICE:2400..wich is cheap for europe!

IF THE GUITAR IS TOO CHEAP=ITS FAKE

No-one is gonne sell you a 2000 Euro Guitar..For 1000 euros...

That would be silly as they would get more in any guitarshop!

Do not buy from 0 feedbackers Always pay with Paypal..then you are safe!

Oh local 2nd hand websites.;ARE THE WORST OF ALL!!!!especially in The UK

Archived