Gibson Brands Forums

post a picture of yourself!

S t e v e

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL' date=' hey StiffHand, I had almost the same Leather Jacket and cutoff Levi Jacket combo in the late 80's (mine didn't have the studs on the lapel, though[sad'] ). 1988 to be precise.

I dug this pic up, I am glad you appreciate it at it fullest.

Matter a fact 1988 maybe the exact year of that pic.

I still have a similar leather jacket but it is a Harley Davidson brand, no studs on the lapel, my wife will not let me wear it. I think it is bad ***.

I dug this pic up' date=' I am glad you appreciate it at it fullest.

Matter a fact 1988 maybe the exact year of that pic.

I still have a similar leather jacket but it is a Harley Davidson brand, no studs on the lapel, my wife will not let me wear it. I think it is bad ***.[/quote']

My first Roommate stole mine right out of High School[angry].

I have family in Canada (St. Catherin's near Toronto) and I don't get how they do it. Mom and I tried it and couldn't handle it for long

Izzy im in Stoney Creek...about 15 minutes from St. Catherines. Ill say hello for you!

Heres me about nine years ago...

PBF.jpg

Here is a recent pic of me with two of my girls..

181.jpg

Regards...

On this side' date=' our cops are allowed (encouraged) to mingle with the public, even to supplement their meager income with a little impromptu balladeering whilst on the beat. Glock and Gibson...a union made in Central Park. [thumbup

guitar%20cop.jpg

Simon knows how to use his feet to keep those babies looking good.

I've done the same thing at gigs where the light was bad and I had trouble seeing if the floor was clear.

IMG.jpg

Have guitars ALWAYS been so damned big in Australia?

Every pic I see of Angus looks like his SG is the size of a bathtub.

And two basses?

Just sayin'....

[biggrin]

Glock and Gibson...

You can never have too many of either one.

There's the compensated Model 20, the 22, the 23 - all with tritium night sights.....

:-)

Neo' date='

If your aming with the Glock then you have picked up the wrong weapon... IMO[/quote']

Funny thing, that...as popular as they are, they've never floated my boat. I know the proponents say they're completely "safe" for chambered-round carry but I'm MUCH more at ease with the old 1911 style safety. I wonder who has the stats re: AD's for U.S. LEO's... Seems to me I read the majority were Glock...[biggrin]

Oh, I have others.

The Glock sold me with the durability, operating in horrible conditions.

Accuracy is good enough for concealed carry and close range, especially the big frame 40.

That, and the price is decent.

For a carry gun that might get stolen from my truck, it's easier to swallow than losing a Kimber or Colt.

My cool, shiny stuff stays locked up.

If I carried a duty weapon everyday - in a holster - it would not be a Glock.

Don't like the lack of any real safety/decocker.

I dunno...

Glock

What do you guys have issued to you?

I don't like the Glock at all. Ain't got one, either.

My little brother, on the other hand, as a southpaw lawman, loves it. He used to haul a then-special 1911 with a left hander safety after revolvers went the way of the dodo in law enforcement. And one might make the case either way about various revolvers being southpaw friendly.

Glocks... my favorite tale - and this is a true story - involves a lady officer over in Wyoming who got into a tiff of some sort with her daughter who ended up with a bullet wound. Mom, whose name (I swear it ain't made up) is "Bambi," claimed instead that her Glock went off by accident when she tossed it onto the bed and that it caught on covers and went bang.

I've got various stuff, but honestly, if I hadda be in a situation I knew would involve serious social intercourse, I'd be happier with a da, or even sa, revolver.

Mebbe I'm just showing my age, though. But I can put the first five rounds out as fast and more accurately with the SA than I can doing da with a da - or with any semi I've played with. Yeah, mebbe I should be living back in the 70s - the 1870s. <chortle>

Hmmmm. I guess I'll change my avatar again...

m

What do you guys have issued to you?

Glock 17.... 9mm

We use a very soft tipped ammo which if my memory serves me correct is 98grain... They dont want us over penetrating targets...

I have also used..

MP5 A1 with the same Ammo..... and an MP5 Kurtz...Fully auto..

Some of the guys on my team use the Accuracy International AW 308 sniper rifle... Good for a head shot at 800M..

On my department we have no use for shotguns or other weapons..

Regards

Stiffhand' date=' how do you like your GT-6? Any favorite uses?[/quote']

Just sold it last week actually, I bought the Mesa 5:25 Express Head and Cab you see on the other pic earlier this year and nothing comes close to it overdrive/distortion wise. I also have 2 Marshall pedals the Echohead and Regenerator and between the 2 I cover all the time based effects I need. I will just add a tremolo pedal and that's it.

love the glock. i like not having a manual safety. one less thing to screw up/bungle if the shtf.

Yep.

That's why it's my main piece.

Rack the slide and go - nothing else to worry with.

And if something happens to it, I'm not out a fortune.

Milod is correct, if ANYTHING touches that trigger the gun WILL fire.

Like I said, it would not be my first choice for holster carry like 959.

Concealed, I have a S&W 642 Airweight.

38+P, no hammer.

Small, slick and light.

Archived