Gibson Brands Forums

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Shnate McDuanus

My god, I had the greatest burger I've ever eaten yesterday.

5guys_xszn.jpg

This is a fast food chain which serves burgers, hot dogs, fries and--well, that's pretty much it.

They have two sizes of burger (Big and Little,) and what they call Cajun fries, which are their French fries coated with a blend of seasonings. Those are pretty good too.

I think that the Little is 8 oz, but I don't remember for sure.

I have to say, even though it's a chain, I've gotten some of the finest burgers I've ever tasted from them.

They're very efficient, too. The kitchen is an assembly line right behind the counter. Cashiers call out orders as they take them from customers. I got a fresh, delicious burger within six minutes of ordering, and it was fairly reasonable in price.

Toppings are free and various--I had lettuce, tomato and A-1 sauce last night, but you could always do more.

They have a lot of locations--if you haven't tried it already, I highly recommend it.

http://www.fiveguys.com/home.aspx

We have a 5 Guys too - love it! Great burgers. The hot dogs are killer too. They slice them and throw them on the griddle - add tomatoes, pickles, mustard, and hot sauce and it's almost as good as a Chicago hot dog. I skip the fries and get a burger and a dog.

We have a 5 Guys too - love it! Great burgers. The hot dogs are killer too. They slice them and throw them on the griddle - add tomatoes' date=' pickles, mustard, and hot sauce and it's almost as good as a Chicago hot dog. I skip the fries and get a burger and a dog.[/quote']

[cool]

My neighbor is a manager at Five Guys. She says everything is fresh that day, and what isn't used gets tossed. They are also big on QC and regularly send in "ghost shoppers". The employees get bonuses for outstanding service, so there is big incentive to please every customer.

Looks little like In N Out Burger out west, but they have only one size of burger.

You can double it, but it's still not very big.

Very clean and consistent.

5 Guys, eh?

Website says their based in Virginia.

East coast thing I take it?

Sounds like the way a burger place should be run - the way it used to be.

I tried the locator and just got a mapping service.

Why can't they just list their fxcking locations and save people the keyboard/surfing bullsh!t?

And yeah...

Silverbursted posted the Heart Attack Grill.

GREAT PLACE!!!

The chicks are secondary.

I tried the locator and just got a mapping service.

Why can't they just list their fxcking locations and save people the keyboard/surfing bullsh!t?

And yeah...

Silverbursted posted the Heart Attack Grill.

GREAT PLACE!!!

The chicks are secondary.

Val Vista and Baseline in Gilbert (AJs shopping center)

Dude, I'd bet you could gobble down one of them $12 quadruple bypasses. Just a mere 2 pounds of ground beef!!!

Sounds good' date=' I'm always up for a good burger and dog... I'll be in Boston next month and there is a 5 guys in Dedham, not that far away. I'll go check it out. What should I order?[/quote']

The burgers are regular (which is a double patty) and little (which is a single patty). I like the double better, but I usually order a little one so I have room for a hot dog too. Their dogs are killer. They also have great fries. Each day they post on a bulletin board the location the potatoes came from - always some city in Idaho. FYI, a small order of fries will feed a family of four because after filling the fry box they throw the same amount in the bag just for kicks! I quit ordering the fries (even though they are great) so I have room for the burger and dog. I'd say order all three if you really wanna pig out!

Archived