Gibson Brands Forums

Some videos of me on youtube now.

nikko18

Yeah, I'm on youtube. I have a few different videos, two of them are brand new from tonight 26th/27th.

The others are older and there for I am not as good as I am now in them. I will post chronologically :P

This first one is from last summer. It is me playing little wing by Jimi Hendrix. There are a few mistakes. Just ignore them [biggrin]

The next two are on my new 12 string guitar! This has been the best christmas ever!!! :-s[biggrin] [biggrin]

This second on is from tonight. It is me playing a cover of Wonderwall by Oasis. I have never actually heard the origional version by Oasis though. I just learned it because my girlfriend likes it a I wanted to surprise her with it :P

The third and final is an origional song I wrote. It doesn't have any lyrics or a title though. Hence me not singing and the video being called "I don't know yet". But here it is anyways. Unfortunately I don't have my electric guitar with me at my grandparents. How ever I will try and get a recording of this on electric to put up soon! :]

Hopefully will record some more origionals tommorow! :D

Let me know what you guys think!

Hi Nick

I especially liked your own piece; it was well crafted and made me think, this young chap has a real affinity with the guitar!

Was the Little Wing Steve Ray Vaughan's version Nick? I like hearing Little Wing with that type of crunch you had- and no backing track. It sounded raw and very cool.

By the way..nice Les too[cool]

Matt

Hi Nick

I especially liked your own piece; it was well crafted and made me think' date=' this young chap has a real affinity with the guitar!

Was the Little Wing Steve Ray Vaughan's version Nick? I like hearing Little Wing with that type of crunch you had and no backing.

By the way..nice Les too[cool']

Matt

I guess it's more lick SRV's version then Jimi's but really that's just the way I play it (except I'm better now). I am not trying to play it like any one elses version.

And thanks for the compliments! I will hopefully record some more origionals tommorow!

P.S. I really like my LP, especially cause I faded the finish down to that color myself and replaced every thing on it with new better stuff. But unfortunately it does not stay in tune at all anymore :'[

I really need to replace it, I can't even play one song because the problems so bad. I am keeping my eye out for Gibson bodys with nothing in them so I can just transfer all my hardware over to one.

Very nice Nikko' date=' I like your original the best... Only suggestion I have, not that you want to hear it, is try practicing with a metronome. That will help you play at a consistent tempo through out the whole song.

Good stuff![/quote']

I agree completely. I noticed that I get out of time as I go through the song too.

Just watched your videos man, they are good!

Keep it up, you'll end up a great player.

:-

By the way, a little piece of advice from a frined and fellow guitarist, start practicing with a metronome as much as you can, now that you got a recording software look for it's metronome capabilities, it might have the "time/tempo track" feature, if so, you can set the metronome to go up or down in speed after a given number of repetitions. Start slow and easy and when you are confortable with that you can go up in speed. You'll improve a lot.

Again, great work in those videos. [blink]

Sounds great! So how did you learn the Hendrix tune? By ear? Keep up the great work...

Kind of a mix of things. I watched a lot of videos of people playing it. And asked my friend who knows how to play it a lot of questions. And the rest was by ear.

Gratz on the awesome 12 string and getting youtube clips up! Sounds like you had a hella Xmas... what software didja

get for recording? (I got a Yamaha Audiogram 6 w/ Cubase AI 4).

I got a program called Audacity. It is really cool. Hopefully will get it all figured out soon :P

Good job Nikko. I like that Epi with the Bigsby.

Thanks saturn. To bad it doesn't stay in tune anymore :'[

Spent 5 minutes finding my headphones for that. Well worth it.

Well done

Thanks DAS33! That is a very nice compliment :D

Hey Nikko' date='

I just checked all 3 videos. Great tries in all 3 of them, really liked'em but I was blown away with your own song! Trully beautiful and ''image-projecting'', for me at least!

Keep it up young man, you seem to be full of potential and love for guitar playing![/quote]

Thanks a bunch to you too Hector! :]

Just watched your videos man' date=' they are good!

Keep it up, you'll end up a great player.

By the way, a little piece of advice from a frined and fellow guitarist, start practicing with a metronome as much as you can, now that you got a recording software look for it's metronome capabilities, it might have the "time/tempo track" feature, if so, you can set the metronome to go up or down in speed after a given number of repetitions. Start slow and easy and when you are confortable with that you can go up in speed. You'll improve a lot.

Again, great work in those videos. [/quote']

Thanks Thunder! And I am definately going to start working with the metronome soon. Audacity has something called a click trick which I believe is basically a metronome. So I will start with that in the next few days. Thanks again [biggrin]

This is what I love to see!

Very nice indeed. Keep up the good work.

Thanks AXE! :D

And thanks to any one I missed too :]

that 12 string souds really good!

the singing......... is still better then mine [thumbup]

but your hair isnt long enough!

lol J/K

Haha thanks Jesse. And don't worry. I am not any where near being done growing my hair. I am planning to grow it out sort of like Eddie Vedder's hair in the early 90s. Before he got it cut at all. Like in the video for Even Flow.

Thanks to surfpup too and to all you guys who commented on youtube! The videos are on my uncles youtube account and he just forwarded all the comments to me :]

You can also check out some of his music on his channel to if any one is interested. He sings (very whell!!) and plays guitar and ukolele.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

go for plant in 72!

[thumbup]

Haha I could do that to but the Vedder look is way easier. I would actually have to do stuff to my hair all the time for the Plant look. Besides I'm a surfer anyways, Eddie hair is more my style.

I'm always glad to see our peeps posting vids, though audio is cool too, but with vids you get to see the stance and the slouches etc...

Nice work, mate.

If you don't mind my asking what did you use to record it?

I've been thinking about getting a camera so I can post some stuff, and I'm clueless as to what to get.

I'm afraid I'll get something with s**t sound OR something TOO expensive.

I'm always glad to see our peeps posting vids' date=' though audio is cool too, but with vids you get to see the stance and the slouches etc...

Nice work, mate.

If you don't mind my asking what did you use to record it?

I've been thinking about getting a camera so I can post some stuff, and I'm clueless as to what to get.

I'm afraid I'll get something with s**t sound OR something TOO expensive.[/quote']

I don't know exactly what it is but I know it's super duper expensive. My uncle is a proffesional photographer so all his equipment is pro quality. If you really want to know specifics you can send him a message through youtube. That is his channel that my videos are on. I bet he would just resond to a comment on one of the videos even.

Also thanks for the compliments!! [biggrin]

Archived