Gibson Brands Forums

My amps

Tim Plains

For no good reason, I just felt like posting a picture of them. [lol]

Just picked up the AC4 today and I'm lovin' it!

I also may or may not be buying a Marshall Class 5 next month. I tried one out last week and it rattled like crazy. I did a bit of reading on them and it seems to be a common issue with them. Anyways, two were ordered for me - hopefully, one will be a keeper.

IMG_1423.jpg

Left to right: Vox AC4TVH, Vox AC15, Blackheart Little Giant, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100.

How long have you been playing guitars!?

On & off - 10 or 12 years.

It's a JMC2000 (look under that photo [flapper]) and it's stock. I googled it a while ago and only found one reference saying Marshall made 400 of these grey JCMs for the N. American market back in 2005. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it's a regular JCM2000.

Pretty sick amp wall ya got going there' date=' bud. The studio turned out nice! What's that thing hanging from the ceiling? And where are the Marshall plexi and JTM45? [flapper] [/quote']

Thanks! How did yours turn out?

Those things hanging from the ceiling are blinds. [flapper]

More Marshalls? [flapper] Oh dear...

Thanks! How did yours turn out?

It's good. We used the same wall and trim color. How ghey is that? [flapper] I still need to get organized. It's pretty small once I started loading stuff in! Plus it's serving as an office as well. I might put some amps I don't use often in storage. Or store the stuff I take to band rehearsal elsewhere. That takes up a lot of room, and I don't use it during the week really.

i noticed you have a jcm2000 DSL, i just tried one out today, LOVED it lol, definitely buying it this week. right now i have this amp head ive really never gotten the biggest kick out of, tone wise it just lacked(its an avt150h, pretty cheap amp for the high wattage too, only 400 for it), and ive been stupidly blaming my tone problems on the pickups, thought id replace them with wolfetones or something but now i think theres no need. whats good is that ive already got a jcm lead 1960 cab thatll be ready for the jcm2000 dsl when i plan to get it, im looking forward to it so much. i tried it out when i went with a buddy to guitar center a couple hours ago, i hooked up a ernie ball guitar to it since ive always wanted to try one of those out, and the tone out of the amp was just so perfect i just fell in love with it. anyways, love the collection, hope i can afford to gather one like that some day haha.

^ you're buying a DSL and you're thinking of putting Wolfetones in your Custom?

What, are you copying me, or something? :-k

Very nice! I won't ask which one is your favorite' date=' but I will ask which one you use the most?[/quote']

Well, I love them all...except the AC4, it's too soon. The stack is my favorite but I can't use it everyday - I only use it once or twice a month. There's no point in using it at low volumes and only crank it when the wife is out. I use the Blackheart more than anything. I absolutely love it and recommend one to anyone looking for a new practice amp. (Try before you buy, of course)

Nice place and amps Tim' date=' I would suggest a cool rug to absorb some of the floor resonance.

So, I take it the AC4 head and cab does not have the resonance issues of the combo version?[/quote']

Yeah, I'll get a rug in there sooner or later.

You're right - th head/cab does not. I've also placed the head beside the cab, which also helps. Same with the BH.

^ you're buying a DSL and you're thinking of putting Wolfetones in your Custom?

What' date=' are you copying me, or something? [smile

Well, I love them all...except the AC4, it's too soon. The stack is my favorite but I can't use it everyday - I only use it once or twice a month. There's no point in using it at low volumes and only crank it when the wife is out. I use the Blackheart more than anything. I absolutely love it and recommend one to anyone looking for a new practice amp.

Yeah, I'll get a rug in there sooner or later.

You're right - th head/cab does not. I've also placed the head beside the cab, which also helps. Same with the BH.

So...where's the soundclips?

Put some sounds up mate!

All that wood,all those amps...you've gotta have something that you've recorded with them?

Nah' date=' I've put up sh*tty sounding clips in the past.

Don't feel like embarrassing myself again. [smile

Oh c'mon mate!

This ain't about how good you are. It's about hearing all that houseful of equipment that you've acquired. To me,and I'm sure everyone else,that equipment is wasted if you just keep buying up and posting pics to tease us.

We wanna hear it in action![wink]

So get crackin' mate. Pop that wild cherry.[lol]

Archived