Gibson Brands Forums

New amp.

Dub-T-123

As some of you may know, I've been looking to get a Vox AC30 for a while.

I found one on eBay that I can pick up locally for $625.

The lucky part is that because this seller didn't offer shipping and only local pick ups, nobody bid on it and I won the bid with the starting price.

It is a Vox AC30CC1 (1x12) and it comes with a custom foam amp cover, the footswitch (for reverb & tremelo), and of course, the instruction manual.

This will be my first tube amp and I'm really excited. I'm finally going to have a nice amp. I've kindof always wanted an AC30. This deal came by just at the right time.

I'm going to pick it up this weekend. I'll try to post up some pics as soon as possible.

:P Thanks guys!

I can't wait until Friday!

I'll be playing with it all weekend. I'm glad I held out and got just the amp I want.

I can use my Marshall (4x12) loaded with Celestion speakers if I need more headroom. I think it will be just fine all by itself though.

Congrats!!!

I recently got a little tube amp and let me tell you, you'll hear the difference right away and make you want to play your best. I've just gotten brave enough to overdrive and the distortion is beautiful.

Welcome to the world of tubes, as they say.

Congrats!!!

I recently got a little tube amp and let me tell you' date=' you'll hear the difference right away and make you want to play your best. I've just gotten brave enough to overdrive and the distortion is beautiful.

Welcome to the world of tubes, as they say.[/quote']

Yeah. I tested out a bunch of tube amps before settling on the AC30. I just love the way a Gibson sounds through it.

It's really the perfect amp for me.

Yeah I hope my neighbors don't mind me cranking it up every now and then because I definately will.

I'm recording some guitar tracks individually for my friend and I think I will crank it up with a SM57 in front of the speaker and a big dynamic mic sitting in the room.

I'll try to post up some sound clips. But it will be a while.

That kindof sucks dem00n. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Mark.. I'll be on the lookout for problems when I pick it up. This is one of the reasons why I would only buy one locally. (that and I didn't want to pay $100 for shipping)

Retro.. Thanks man :) you're pretty much the gear master so I know your opinion is worth something.

Thanks Mark.

Just out of curiosity... what is you amp of choice?

Didn't you just get a Fender Super Champ XD?

Those are pretty cool. I was playing on one in a store once and a guy asked who was playing sax.

I guess I sound like a sax through that amp!

Dub - we are talking a recent Korg/VOX AC30 aren't we.....

.....because if you are getting a 60's original then I am just

green with jealousy. Having said that, the current AC30-CC2

comes damned close to the older sound. Great choice. Either way.

Not to hijack your thread or anything' date=' but I saw a beautiful Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb for $650.00 today.

What a great price. You figure an amp like that and a price in the $600s. Wow. Wish I was in need of one.[/quote']

That is a really sweet deal. Was it vintage. Either way it's a great deal.

I'm a big fan of the Gibson/ Fender amp combo.

Archived