Gibson Brands Forums

Silverbursted - I want to set the record straight (PRS pics)

Tim Plains

I just want to draw your attention this this thread - 2010 Canadian G.A.S. Attack - where I said:

"No guitar purchases in 2010. Between now and 2010 is a different story. The damage is already done."

Now, I know I said no new guitars for me this entire year but there's a very good possibility tomorrow will be a NGD. This is the damage I was referring to...

I placed an order on two guitars last year - a Page No. 2 and a limited run PRS. I didn't want to say anything and jinx either as both are hard to get. I just learned that the Page didn't go through but the PRS did. It was supposed to arrive in mid December but it just arrived today. It's a hand selected quilt top Custom 22 with 59/09 pickups. I'm going to check it out tomorrow morning. If all goes well and I'm happy with it I'll post pictures tomorrow. I'll be trading in my gold top.

I just want to draw your attention this this thread - 2010 Canadian G.A.S. Attack - where I said:

"No guitar purchases in 2010. Between now and 2010 is a different story. The damage is already done."

Now' date=' I know I said no new guitars for me this entire year but there's a very good possibility tomorrow will be a NGD. This is the damage I was referring to...

I placed an order on two guitars last year - a Page No. 2 and a limited run PRS. I didn't want to say anything and jinx either as both are hard to get. I just learned that the Page didn't go through but the PRS did. It was supposed to arrive in mid December but it just arrived today. It's a hand selected quilt top Custom 22 with 59/09 pickups. I'm going to check it out tomorrow morning. If all goes well and I'm happy with it I'll post pictures tomorrow. I'll be trading in my gold top.[/quote']

Goldtop!?!? D:

Your RI goldtop with p90s?

I would love a Les Paul with p90s. Your goldtop looks great and gives me GAS but if you like the new guitar better than I think it's a great idea to sell it.

The PRS sounds nice. I don't have much playing experience with them but I've seen many and the quality is outstanding. They live up to the hype.

Good luck and keep us posted!

People placed their orders for the JPs months ahead of time, I didn't. I tried stealing one late but it didn't work. Today, they said they'd keep trying to get one for me but the odds are very slim that Canada will get another JP. Even if they do now, I've taken my name off the list. There's also no way I'm not buying a $9,000 off the internet.

Goldtop!?!? D:

Gold top

R6.jpg

Your goldtop looks great and gives me GAS but if you like the new guitar better than I think it's a great idea to sell it.

Besides' date=' it gives me an excuse to buy an R7 later on. [biggrin

I was honestly considering routing it for humbuckers.

I love P-90s, don't get me wrong, but I much prefer humbuckers.

Besides' date=' it gives me an excuse to buy an R7 later on. [biggrin']

I was honestly considering routing it for humbuckers.

I love P-90s, don't get me wrong, but I much prefer humbuckers.

I love both. I love what different guitars have to offer. I think it is better to buy an R7 than to mod the other.

I have to say I prefer humbuckers also though. I was playing a nice LPDC Special with p90s that gave me a some serious GAS.

Now' date=' I know I said no new guitars for me this entire year but there's a very good possibility tomorrow will be a NGD. This is the damage I was referring to...

I placed an order on two guitars last year - a Page No. 2 and a limited run PRS. I didn't want to say anything and jinx either as both are hard to get. I just learned that the Page didn't go through but the PRS did. It was supposed to arrive in mid December but it just arrived today. It's a hand selected quilt top Custom 22 with 59/09 pickups. I'm going to check it out tomorrow morning. If all goes well and I'm happy with it I'll post pictures tomorrow. I'll be trading in my gold top.[/quote']

Do you have any idea how much you really suck? <big grin>

I always said, I would never be envious of anyone's else's experiences or possessions, because I wanted to excel on my own terms. I'm still not, but you are really beginning to make me question myself... You really suck... [biggrin]

BTW, you have a PM...

People placed their orders for the JPs months ahead of time' date=' I didn't. I tried stealing one late but it didn't work. Today, they said they'd keep trying to get one for me but the odds are very slim that Canada will get another JP. Even if they do now, I've taken my name off the list. There's also no way I'm not buying a $9,000 off the internet.

[/quote']

That sucks mate. You would think Gibson would be happy to take your money off you.

How many is Gibson making?

Mcmurray, 25 signed/aged, 100 aged, 200 VOS. I would have got either an aged or VOS.

I think it is better to buy an R7 than to mod the other.

I agree.

So does this count as last years purchase or is the 5 on the way to SB?

Good question, does it? The money was exchanged last year but the guitar was not.

You said the deal was made in the original post so I'd say no your safe, but I'd also say there's no way you get through the next year without another guitar so I still think SB has five dollars in the bank. You didn't make a week into the year and you have a new addiction PRS.

My wife caught me laughing at this post and when I told her what happened she laughed and said "oh yeah how many times have I heard that, really it was on back order I didn't know it was going to ship".

I guess I've used that story once to often.

Is it five Canadian or American? [biggrin]

You didn't make a week into the year and you have a new addiction PRS.

You raise a good point :-k but it's a technicality because the guitar(s) should have arrived back in December. What's today' date=' the 7th? Only 358 days to go. :-

My wife caught me laughing at this post and when I told her what happened she laughed and said "oh yeah how many times have I heard that' date=' really it was on back order I didn't know it was going to ship". [/quote']

You must be the master at saying "last one, I promise. I bow down to thee. [biggrin]

I'm very pleased with this guitar so far. One hour in...

OK, so, here's the scoop. This is essentially a one-off. [biggrin]

The place I bought it from went down to PRS in Maryland and, I guess sort of like a Private Stock guitar, chose what he wanted for each guitar - five in total, all different. Hes trying to do this several times a year and make 5 (or so) custom guitars each time. Hand selected wood, colour, pickups, tuners, etc., for each one. Pretty cool idea, why can't Gibson do that?

Mine's essentially a Custom 22. This one has a solid and VERY lightweight Honduras mahogany body, solid Indian rosewood neck (Modern Eagle feature?), wide fat neck profile, 59/09 pickups with 3-way/push-pull, DGT tuners, abalone hollow birds, satin lacquer finish. The name they came up with for the colour is Grass Stained Faded Blue Jean. Basically, Faded Blue Jean with some green in it.

I really like the sound of this guitar. I only played a few unplugged notes in store and went WOW! I knew this was the one right then and there. The guy at the store plugged it into an amp for around a minute and played some riffs but my mind was already made up by then. Just like the description says - the pickups really drive the amp harder than 57/08s do. Not really a PRS crowd, I know, but a couple teasers. [biggrin]

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

Archived