Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall

Rocker Ass

One that's connected to a LES PAUL![thumbup]

The best way to figure that out is to check out as many as you can for yourself. Everyone has different [musical] tastes, so whatever we tell you will be purly subjective. It also depends on how much your willing to spend, do you like tubes or solid state, are you looking for a Stack, half-stack, or combo? etc.

What did you guys expect..

When he joined in December; he had a handful of posts about the Brimstone Burst' date=' then he started a post of 'post pic of your standards here'

now he's started a 'best Marshall amp'[/quote']

I assume hes young....not that theres anything wrong with that!

Anybody can ask questions if they don't know. But seriously. This is just being lazy. Do a little googling, read up on the subject, narrow down your horizont a bit and then you can ask about the specific differences of the Marshall amps that you maybe think will fill your needs, 'cause now you've learned a bit. At least I would hope so.

Your question is the same as asking which car is best without any specifications of what you want. Or which haircolor is best for a girlfriend without knowing wether you're into blondes or brunettes or redheads.

Sounds like questions that can't be answered without knowing your preferences first? Well, they are. There will be as many different answers as there's individuals around.

:- Get a grip.

This Marshall:

Camera04_2008198.jpg

Not one like it, this very one. All others pale before this Marshall.

Oh... and I read somewhere that they are having some returns on the Haze series for QC issues.... but I don't recall exactly what. Probably something minor like fires or explosions....

Awhile back I was looking for another practice amp,(GAS)and a friend of mine who works at the local GC said that he had heard that there were indeed some issues with the first Marshall Haze 40W combos to roll of the line. Something about a rattle within the amp, and that a few people had returned units to other GC stores after taking the amps home and hearing this "rattle". I'm not sure if this issue has been resolved yet.

anyone heard anything on the Haze series amps? I know they are made over in India or some place like that. How is the build quality? Anyone heard?

My buddy has one, and I screwed around with it. Nice low wattage combo (15 W, I think). Decent price, too. Basic EQ with everything you need, nothing you dont. If Marshall had released these before I bought my DeVille 212, I might have bit. It feeds back really badly with an FX loop or pedals. Its nice that they finally put out some low W combos in this price range, but quallity is far from the classic Brit built, more powerful Marshall combo amps.

I played an Indian Marshall - The MG series - ok, it's solid state - but still.

It.

Was.

Garbage.

I love Marshalls - but I had the MG 100W up full and it could barely compete with the drum kit across the room.

My 50W Marshall tube will DROWN the full kit with volume at say, 4 or 5. Any higher than that is, as Slash would say, "jet engine loud".

It's almost as if solid state watts and tube watts are different...... Hmmmmmmm.

Jeez I hate these newbie posts. My fault for reading it.

Yep. Sure is.

DSC01739.jpg

**** me! do you need a pilots licence to play through that!?

Jesus' date='those knobs and buttons must be an OC's nightmare[/color'].#-o[wink]

I played an old vintage one of these. The thing was awesome. Had a real nice sagging distortion that I'd never heard before or since.

1b4b67dfc1545dcd7fe13f2228204daf.image.250x193.jpg

You mean this - BLUESBREAKERCOMBO.gif

Oh yeah...LOVELY. With cream on top.[cool]

Archived