Gibson Brands Forums

Jeff Beck Oxblood

deepblue

I love the idea of a historic with humbuckers and no bridge...but I couldn't see myself buying a painted LP for that much money. Same reason I gave up on a '57 Custom. Just too much money for painted wood when you can buy a burst instead. On the other hand, if you do buy it, keep me in mind if you ever sell it and that resale is 50% to 60%. :-k

As for re-sale value, I think both of them will sky-rocket in the (not so near...) future. Just my guess.

I dont really care about re-sale value. If I want big profits from a purchase ill buy real estate.

I have an R9 that I love, so to me a guitar like a "Pearly" is redundant. Its an R9 with Duncan pickups.

Hey, its a sweet guitar dont get me wrong, but IMO is for Gibbons fans.

I make no bones about why I want an Oxblood. Its because Jeff Beck looked sooo cool and sounded

amazing while playing it, and it does have a unique look to it you have to admit. I cant play like Jeff, but

ill sure have fun pretending that I can!...lets face it lads, isnt that what its all about?

Why isn't anyone here GASing for a Mrs. Pearly Gates...?

For some reason ' date='this is the only signature model I would seriously consider buying. I'm just saying...

As for re-sale value, I think both of them will sky-rocket in the (not so near...) future. Just my guess. [/quote']

Let me get this straight and put it in the context of our capitalised world: ''Fools are out there. They are willing to pay almost anything in order to cover their needs for social demonstration, greed for money, personal dead-ends & insecurity, their fear of old age & eventually dying, by owning a ''never-dying'' piece of craftmanship. Well, all am I doing, is taking advantage of it. Is there anything wrong with that...?''

In my opinion, the whole issue comes down to these questions:

Do you care for the fact the you are taken advantage by (and do take advantage of someone)?

Obviously not.

Do you care with the alternative uses that your money could have possibly have?

Obviously not.

But, really, just SAVE US from the moral self-justification of your ''I'm buying what I can - period'' attitude. Whatever keeps you sleeping at nights mate...Not talking

By the way: Buying a Jimmy Page / Billy Gibbons freakingly overpriced instrument will NEVER get you even close to sounding anything like them. Probably they would do it with your medium priced Les Paul Studio.

By the way: Buying a Jimmy Page / Billy Gibbons freakingly overpriced instrument will NEVER get you even close to sounding anything like them. Probably they would do it with your medium priced Les Paul Studio.

Amen!....As far as Gibbons goes, he does have some cool riffs but he doesnt really have a sought

after tone.

Im happy with what I have....besides' date=' brazillian in Canada is a no no![/quote']

Freddy told me he imports Brazilian from the US all the time. As long as it has the proper documentation stating it was cut before the cutoff date, you're fine.

I have an R9 that I love' date=' so to me a guitar like a "Pearly" is redundant. Its an R9 with Duncan pickups.

Hey, its a sweet guitar dont get me wrong, but IMO is for Gibbons fans.[/quote']

If Pearly is redundant why isn't the Oxblood? It's essentially the exact same guitar as your R9 with Burstbuckers 2 & 3 and no bridge. I'm not a Gibbons fan.

By the way: Buying a Jimmy Page / Billy Gibbons freakingly overpriced instrument will NEVER get you even close to sounding anything like them.

But my wife said I sound like Billy. [biggrin]

lol

Why isn't anyone here GASing for a Mrs. Pearly Gates...?

For some reason ' date='this is the only signature model I would seriously consider buying. I'm just saying...

[/quote']

@FennRx:

Hm, good point. I guess the statement from my side ''seriously consider buying'' is an overstatement. Most probably I should say: ''I would really like to hold it in my arms and strum some chords, try some Reverend riffs to see if I can sound anything close to him.''. Even if I had the cash, I would probably build me a small studio, rather than buy it...

You could also buy a regular R4, route it, stick in BBs 2 & 3, and call it a day.

Better yet, buy one of these Tonequest R4s!! [love]

gibson_r4tonequest_001.jpg

There, I just saved YOU $ome ca$h! :-k

$8,000 is way too much money for a brown guitar...

Let me guess, not the same? Well, neither is this.

Want a Reverand?...Buy an R9' date=' swap the BB's for Duncan Pearlies and sand off the nickle on the lower stop bar post.[/quote']

You could also buy a regular R4' date=' route it, stick in BBs 2 & 3 and call it a day.

Better yet, buy one of these Tonequest R4s!! [love

gibson_r4tonequest_001.jpg

There, I just saved YOU $ome ca$h! :-k

$8,000 is way too much money for a brown guitar...

Let me guess, not the same? Well neither is this.

lol!...I know Timbo. Im preaching to the choir. I understand all too well that any one of

us who buy a signature model are being milked big time.

One thing I do have....Jeff Beck can play circles around Billy Gibbons. *wink*

Archived