Gibson Brands Forums

My first Electric guitar!!!!!

abhinavjain

Epiphone Studio Les Paul.

Don't know what they cost' date=' but they should be worth about that much.[/quote']

Nah, I think you can get a better Epi for that.

Do you know what kind of Epi you want? Les Paul? SG? ES-335?

But hey, if you buy used, you can get a higher end model.

ON music123.com, you can get an Epi Ultra 2 for 479 used, so they should have used standards around your range, or any guitar store should actually.

I think DAS44 got a Gibson LP studio for 400ish

Have you taken into consideration that you will need an amp?

Epiphone g 400 sg is a really good guitar' date=' a friend of my got a epip les paul Standard for 300$ on eBay. Great guitar. but its always a danger buy it unseen. There's no best when it comes to Sg and Les Paul. That's up to your ears[/quote']

I second this, got a g 400 a few years back and its a good one for the money and especially if ur just starting

no one on here will like me for sayin this bit Ibanez GIO guitars are very good starter guitars, good sound, reasonable price

i have a GIO... its a cool guitar to just "f**k" around with lol

i have 3 other Ibanez guitars, SA Series, JEM and an ibanez acoustic... all very reasonable

Epiphone g 400 sg is a really good guitar' date=' a friend of my got a epip les paul Standard for 300$ on eBay. Great guitar. but its always a danger buy it unseen. There's no best when it comes to Sg and Les Paul. That's up to your ears[/quote']

+1

I used to own a g400 in vintage/worn brown finish and it was a great guitar, confortable and good sounding.

I dunno... sounds like an Epi dot or dot studio would be about right for this guy.

I think the size also would be of help to a guy turning from acoustic. Heck, deep down that's why I prefer my hollow above all others.

m

Archived