Gibson Brands Forums

So, anybody wanna see my new 335?

guitarfish

The 335 has been the last guitar on my bucketlist for a few years. Because they are so expensive, I figured if I ever got one, it’d be a beater or something. I walked into the local store a few weeks ago on a Friday night and there was a new one hanging there in “Beale Street Blue”, which was quite nice. I played it for 15 min and it just confirmed why I wanted one of these someday.

A few days later I was telling my wife about it, and she completely floored me. She says, “You should go get it.” I’m like, “Yeah right. It’s really expensive.” “That doesn’t matter, you should get it. How much is it?” “$2,300.” Now I’m expecting her to laugh and change the subject, but she says again, “Honey, I think you should get it.” I don’t need to ask twice, ha ha.

I went in the next day, and as much as I liked it, I knew I’d tire of the blue after a while. I always wanted one in Light Burst. So I talk to my go to sales guy. He calls Gibson, then calls me later that night and says, “They have one in stock, so I ordered it. Just stop in if you want it and leave a deposit.” OK, now I’m really getting pins and needles. I spent the next week trying to decide if this was something I really wanted to do, and also sold my humble little Epiphone Alleykat to put towards the new one.

Well, the 335 came in this week, and yesterday it followed me home. It is stunning and beautiful, to look at and to play. I was concerned it may look too much like the finish on my honey burst LP, but it turns out they complement each other nicely.

This year my wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary, so this will be my present. It's an anniv present to top them all! (She's getting a trip to Jamaica...)

Well, enough of my blabbing, here she is!

01-335Top.jpg

02-335Top.jpg

03-335Top.jpg

04-335Back.jpg

05-335Top.jpg

06-TwoGibbys.jpg

07-TwoGibbys.jpg

Wow awesome color! That is a nice Honey burst.

How do you like the ES 335 in comparison to the Les Paul. I was surprised how much sustain I could get out of the ES335.

Is your Les Paul a standard?

My Les Paul and Red ES 335 and r pics are out on the Les Paul section. You have great taste congrats![thumbup]

Thanks everyone for the kind words!! Yes Shamus, the LP is a Standard, an '08 from the first half of the year before they switched to the new '08 design.

I am still floating from the new 335. I played it last night and I didn't think it would be possible for me to say this is the best sounding guitar I ever played. If you know the "From the Cradle" CD from Clapton, I was nailing those tones spot on, I couldn't believe how great it sounded! In short, it's everything I hoped for and more.

I've remarked on that beauty on another forum, and it's still true. There's something about playing budget guitars or basses out of necessity, for long periods, then getting your hands on a beast like your 335 (or, =koff-koff= MY blonde 335) makes you feel like you've won life's lottery.

I love my 335 so much that I sold my beloved 1970 Les Paul to finance a new Mesa/Boogie Walkabout Scout 1x15, which in its own way is the equivalent of the 335.

Congratulations on a real looker.

wow, congrats on a beautiful guitar, and finally getting your 335.

such an amazing feeling to come home with a guitar like that.

seriously, the Gibson ES-335... the best electric guitar on earth.

sure, i'm biased, but that's how i call it. :-$

for my part, i've been seriously bonding with my new-to-me '78...

nt7yT.jpg

uyxzk.jpg

A few days later I was telling my wife about it' date=' and she completely floored me. She says, “You should go get it.” I’m like, “Yeah right. It’s really expensive.” “That doesn’t matter, you should get it. How much is it?” “$2,300.” Now I’m expecting her to laugh and change the subject, but she says again, “Honey, I think you should get it.” I don’t need to ask twice, ha ha.

[/quote']

Does your wife happen to have an unmarried sister around anywhere then????B)

It would be nice to have a wife who dosen't say "what do you want another guitar (or amp) for?"

A very nice guitar indeed.

T21

The 335 has been the last guitar on my bucketlist for a few years. Because they are so expensive' date=' I figured if I ever got one, it’d be a beater or something. I walked into the local store a few weeks ago on a Friday night and there was a new one hanging there in “Beale Street Blue”, which was quite nice. I played it for 15 min and it just confirmed why I wanted one of these someday.

A few days later I was telling my wife about it, and she completely floored me. She says, “You should go get it.” I’m like, “Yeah right. It’s really expensive.” “That doesn’t matter, you should get it. How much is it?” “$2,300.” Now I’m expecting her to laugh and change the subject, but she says again, “Honey, I think you should get it.” I don’t need to ask twice, ha ha.

I went in the next day, and as much as I liked it, I knew I’d tire of the blue after a while. I always wanted one in Light Burst. So I talk to my go to sales guy. He calls Gibson, then calls me later that night and says, “They have one in stock, so I ordered it. Just stop in if you want it and leave a deposit.” OK, now I’m really getting pins and needles. I spent the next week trying to decide if this was something I really wanted to do, and also sold my humble little Epiphone Alleykat to put towards the new one.

Well, the 335 came in this week, and yesterday it followed me home. It is stunning and beautiful, to look at and to play. I was concerned it may look too much like the finish on my honey burst LP, but it turns out they complement each other nicely.

This year my wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary, so this will be my present. It's an anniv present to top them all! (She's getting a trip to Jamaica...)

Well, enough of my blabbing, here she is!

[img']http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/guitarfish/Guitars/ES-335/01-335Top.jpg[/img]

02-335Top.jpg

03-335Top.jpg

04-335Back.jpg

05-335Top.jpg

06-TwoGibbys.jpg

07-TwoGibbys.jpg

GuitarFish' date='

STUNNING - What a beauty. CONGRATS!!!![/b']

Like you, I have had a ES-335 on my bucketlist for quite sometime and I just ordered mine today, a Gloss Plain Top in Cherry. I can't wait to get it.

Later.

Hey, thanks! Congrats on yours too! I predict you'll neglect your other guitars. [-(

Archived